keuka lake

Got a chance to do some fishing on keuka today, we were on the water at about 6:30 and fished to about 10:30. pulled planers with stickbaits and had no hits, then moved out deeper for lakers and only had one take the bait about 4pounds, caught him on a sutton 44. slow day but still beats working. :D

Hey Mike where on Keuka were you? I was in front of the state park all morning. I was going to do the planer/stickbait thing but started with downriggers and never had a chance to change. I was on the water @ 6:30am to about 9:00am. I picked up 10 lakers, downrigger were set at 105' and 125' over 160'+ bottom.

Not me. I went out Sunday morning. I had to work until 8am so I brought the boat to work and left from there. I decided I would try the Penn Yan side. I wished I didn't...I got skunked and it was a circus at the launch. I had one release but dropped shortly there after. I had to wait 15 minutes or so to dock my boat because of 1 person taking 2 docks up with his blow boat and then watching the pleasure boaters backing up and then screwing around before they leave the dock. I don't claim to be a pro at backing up/launching/docking but holy cow! I really want to grab a lawn chair, a cooler and just watch the activities at the launch...