Master captains License

Currently takin the GLC masters class in Syracuse.  Been a while since I have posted anything but spent years asking and lookin for a course to help me get my captains license to start running trips on the big pond. 
      Seen this question here on LOU many times about how to get a captains license, or whats the best way/course. I feel this is it.  Theres 3 guys in the class that spent the money on the “capt in a box” online course. Well here they r spending another thousand dollars.
     I’ve always been a hands on guy. Gimme a blueprint and I can build u any foundation u want,BUT maybe not so good when it comes to book smart and test taking. For me I know I could never obtain my captains license without takin this 10 day course. There is ALOT of knowledge to know and 95% of it I have never heard of.   I will be takin the USCG masters test this sunday and my confidence is trou the roof.  The instructor and this course is very well designed and well worth the $1000.  
    Anyone lnterested in getting there captains license check them out GLCTraining.com. Capt Mel been a pleasure to deal with and will help anytime he can. They have courses all trou the south shore. 

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 1

Good luck 👍. God save any grumpy charter captains that try to claim “their” turf by crossing over your lines. Just wear your muscle shirt around deck and people will leave you alone lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Good luck 👍. God save any grumpy charter captains that try to claim “their” turf by crossing over your lines. Just wear your muscle shirt around deck and people will leave you alone lol. 

Definitely not an easy course. All my bases r covered to become a LEGIT charter.  Just need this last certificate 

If you haven’t already, introduce yourself to Tim Nelson of ECK Intimidator Sports. He has the Baha named Intimidator. He owns a gun store and can hook you up if needed. 

I did mine through the online courses and it was complicated but if your computer savvy you can figure out how to get it done. I studied it for a full year before I took the final exam just to make sure. No matter which way it was taken it is not an easy feat. Congratulations to all who take it and see y'all on the water!

3 hours ago, juthunter32 said:

I did mine through the online courses and it was complicated but if your computer savvy you can figure out how to get it done. I studied it for a full year before I took the final exam just to make sure. No matter which way it was taken it is not an easy feat. Congratulations to all who take it and see y'all on the water!

There was 3 guys who had the capt. In the box online course in the class. They spent months doin the course and said screw it and sat trou the 10 days of hell. Everyone in the class made it trou thou