Kicker Motor for 21` Sport Craft with I/O

hookedagain55

Boat came with a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke mounted out on the corner with an easy lift . motor did not have power trim or tilt  had controls up front for forward /reverse  only. bought a 9.9 Yamaha high thrust with controls and power trim/tilt . would like to make a solid mount so i do not have to use the easy lift system .

The back of the boat has about a 3 inch lip that protrudes out at the top. so in order to let the motor tilt full up i would have to have a bracket that will be out about  19 inches from the boat , motor needs about 16 inches  of clearance for cover to clear the back lip . I have a 3/8 aluminium plate for the back to weld on and a 14 inch plate for the inside of transom for support. next problem would be steering rod with motor out so far. can i use the main prop to steer with and have the kicker just going straight. want to move motor in towards the center of the boat also.  and then there is the cables if the motor is to close to the back of boat when you tilt it up. any ideas that would help before i start this project . also do the electric steering work well  . been told they can be a pain also . one guy said he made his own and works better then the factory ones .

Thanks for reading this.

• 2 weeks later...

I also liked the Advantage Marine bracket but my Trophy 2052 had a few things about the transom that complicated the matter.  The transom is vertical about half way down, than a step in and it continues on an angle.  That was a problem for the Advantage bracket plus I didnt need to go out so far.  Made my own from some 1/4 × 2 x 3 alum angle and some 3/8 alum plate. Bolted 2 pcs of angle on the 2 inch side to the transom below the step. Bolted other 2 pcs of angle to the 1st two, tilted a bit to get proper angle. Used a Panther SS bracket from there.  Pather has two types, light for about 100 lbs and heavier for up to about 230 lbs. Of course I used the 230.  Still need to ad two more bolts to the bottom of the angles after I bring my angle drill to camp.  Trim tabs and out drive in the way for std drill. Added 3/8 plate behind Panther plastic block and bolted them together to have something to bolt motor to.

Still a few items to take care of.

20221002_155333.jpg

20221002_155352.jpg

20221002_155306.jpg

20221002_155252.jpg

20221002_155258.jpg

20221002_155217.jpg