Honeoye 5/7

Yeah Phil.....can't keep those bad boys off the line this time of year. My folks have a place on Honeoye and it was my home water until I moved up to I-Bay. I caught more monster largemouths down there this time of year than I even cared to. I think you'll have better luck on the eyes after dark this early in the season. But keep it up and keep trying. They'll start to turn on if they haven't already and you'll start figuring them out.

Wal-Mart or WestMarine would probably have one of those battery operated stern lights with a "C-clamp". It's like a flashlight on a stick. I'm sure with the resourcefulness you exhibit in rigging that yak of yours you'd be able to get one of those on it easy enough. 2 D batteries and yer good to go. And ya know.....you seemed to do pretty well on the eyes before the season opened. Now you're doing well on the bass before the season opens. Might be a good idea to wet your line in some Musky waters right about now.

Phil-I was at a PA boating license course this morning and they had hardhats with a white light that was moulded into the top-like a flashlight coming off the top of your head straight up-but with a 360 degree light on it. They had a couple of kids wearing them for a demonstration. Sounds like you!

Walteye

And ya know.....you seemed to do pretty well on the eyes before the season opened. Now you're doing well on the bass before the season opens. Might be a good idea to wet your line in some Musky waters right about now.

Yeah that would be fun.

I will have to buy some lights once I get a job. School just ended and the financial aid checks went with it. :o

Phil