Thief in Fulton

Hey everybody,

Just a heads up. Last Saturday on our way home we stopped in Fulton to eat at Mimi’s restaurant like we always do and park around back by their storage units around 6:30PM. While inside for 45 minutes somebody broke into my boat and stole both of my batteries, all my dock lines, gas tank, tool box and first aid kit. The kicker is none of us noticed anything after getting in so late that night. Then when I went to get the boat ready for this weekend’s trip on Thursday I noticed everything was gone. It really put a downer on the weekend trip.

Anyway, just wanted to vent and make everybody aware to keep an eye on your things. Nothing against Mimi’s it's a great restaurant and we will continue to go there. At least this weekend was decent fishing and weather.

Baytech

I know how you feel. 5 years ago a theif took everything out of our boat. Downriggers, poles, tackle everything. I was heartbroken. took this long to finally get those things built back up. this time i have insurance on all my fishing tackle.

Pat

P.S.

I grew up in fulton and that really pisses me off. Although no were safe these days. my boat was robbed in mexico.

Yeah I am sure it didn't happen at home as I keep the boat locked in a garage and nothing else in there was missing.

I am a little lucky they didn't take any of the riggers or rod holders, just non-fishing items. lesson learned, nothing stays in the boat from now on.

baytech

Well I'm sorry it happened to you but its cheaper to replace batteries and rope than riggers. I got broke into at the Genny river launch a while back, they got my tool box and some other junk. They must be wan-a-be mechanics. Love those fish dinners at Mimi's.

At least you were in the resturant when it happened. My second cousin had all his gear stolen out of his boat back in the 90's. The kicker is he and his wife were sleeping in the van that was attached to the boat at the time. Must have been some really light footed bandits.