Walleyes off Mexico Point?

I am planning a trip to fish for Walleyes. I was looking to launch out of the Little Salmon at Mexico point. Will this be worth my while or is there another alternative. Any suggestions on what is the best way to fish them.

It's a good time of year to fish for walleyes in that area and head north. Fish from 7 to midnight in 12-18 feet of water. Also, if it gets too rough you can also duck into Sandy Pond to find walleyes. Fish the weed beds along the sand dunes and along the sunken island in front of the Wigwam restaraunt. It's marked with bouys.

Bob

Thanks again Bob, What line wt. to flatline and to run off an inline planer would you suggest? I have 10# braid pp and fireline on the spools now. Is that enough? Don't want to take a knife to a gunfight.

Well, I made the trip and ended up without any walleye but I did catch a bunch of small browns and some sheepheads. Thanks for the help.

I fished all the way from near Sandy Pond to Mexico point. Caught the sheeps over at Oswego. Need a lesson or better luck I guess.

Maybe I should have kept them Sheepshead fish:

Common names: white perch, sheepshead, gaspergou , goo, croaker, thunderpumper, crocus, silver bass, gray perch, lake drum, jewel-head, grunt, bubbler, grinder, river drum

Scientific name: aplodinotus grunniens

Size: Commonly reaching 1/2 pound and occasionally as large as 8 pounds.

Features and benefits: Sheepshead, because of their diet, and with proper care, is an excellent eating fish; as good as, if not better than the walleye. The meat is moderately firm, mild, and sweet tasting. Meat color turns snow white when cooked. Sheephead may be used as a substitute for snapper, grouper, tilapia, pike, or halibut.

I have been doing good on walleye this year so far- I am fishing the central basin of Erie, but these are the hot set-ups. Reef Runners off church boards- colors; pink lemonade, pink panties, mooneye. Divers and #40 Jets with Michigan Scorpions (copper belly's) colors; hammer, confusion, chicken wing. Troll speed has been 1.7-2.0 gps