Browns & Steelheads

I would run stickbaits back 75 to 100 ft on planerboards around stream mouths if you have downriggers run small stinger spoons back 75 to 100 ft in say 10 to 20 ft of water down about 10 ft troll about 2 mph you should do very well

When I was up there a couple weeks ago we ran purple sticks off boards 150' behind the boat in 12-20'.

We did best to the west of the plant, in the last hour of daylight.

If you're fishing west of the plant, watch your chart...

As you troll west the bottom comes up and you will run out of water before too long.

I usually do well there if the water is stained, I feel that the easterly wind stacks bait up in the elbow before the plant.

1) Be on the water to see the sunrise

2) Bring some way to run lures away from the boat.  In-Line planers work really well if you don't have a mast and big boards

3) Be willing to run in tight to shore early in the day.  Some of my best luck comes from running in-lines up in just a couple feet of water depth

4) Try flatlining behind the boat about 125-150 back

5) Run at 2.0-2.5 MPH

6) Sticks are great.  Yo-Zuri, Rapalas, Long-A, Thundersticks.  You get the idea.  Red, white silver, blue, purple

7) Move out as the day gets on. Fish the outer edges of any mud bonnets you see outflowing from streams

Hope this helps.  Don't be surprised if you hit some small kings.

Edited by Grady95

Thank you very much, just got new planers on a 5' mast it even had a base that fits in the hole the table post goes in.

How do you put your line in the release ??. Twisted, flat, wrapped a round, up tight to the rubber or center of rubber, or trailing edge of the rubber grip?

I appreciate any all product advice. 

I found that putting it thru the (little) release flat works best, twisting it resulted in less "pops" when the fish actually takes the lure.

I use Scotty Releases.

You have to keep an eye on them, those cookie cutter browns have a tendency to hit and then just kind of hang on there, with the line still pinched in the release and very little discernable difference in the drag (line pull) where the release is coming off the planer line.
I'm anxious to see what others have to offer, I've been doing this for quite a few years but I'm self taught and don't know what I don't know.

image.thumb.png.f16325a3092b0d9082d25e67f298006a.png

Edited by rswanson330
Re-read it and needed to clarify a couple things. Its early.