Tracker owners how are you mounting downriggers and dipsy rod holders?

MadPerry

I will be picking up my new Tracker in a few weeks, and transitioning away from an old Starcraft.  I have been using a track system with a lot of Berts holders.  I am trying to figure out good ways to mount downriggers via the versatrack.  I can easily find an option on Amazon but would like to hear any suggestions on this.  Also, dipsy divers.  I see plenty of basic rod holder options, but as we all know dipsy diver rods put a tremendous amount of stress while pulling.  What are you using?

Brocraft downrigger mount with a 6" track on top of that. Then Bert's swivel mount then the rigger. Gives the height and swivel I needed. As for rod holders, cannon dual axis on some 4" angle, 3/8" thick. Again gives a little height off the rail so your not bending down as far. Have not had any trouble with either setup so far

18 hours ago, tyler.woodard04 said:

Brocraft downrigger mount with a 6" track on top of that. Then Bert's swivel mount then the rigger. Gives the height and swivel I needed. As for rod holders, cannon dual axis on some 4" angle, 3/8" thick. Again gives a little height off the rail so your not bending down as far. Have not had any trouble with either setup so far

Where did you get the aluminum angle?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, MadPerry said:

Thanks, I found them.  Im leaning this way.  I really like using tracks and I wont have to start all over.

I went through this with my new boat put this on my alumacraft. This system took the cake as I could use some of my other boat track system pcs with it.

on my Lowe, i used the brocraft downrigger mounts. with my cannon swivel mount i left one screw out and i put a 3” self tapping size 8 into the gunnel to insure security.  although it is stationary, it is rock solid and easy to remove & only 1 small gunnel hole on each side.

first, look at Cisco tracks as they are just as good as any but they cost much less. if you are going to use your riggers in the tracks it's best to bolt all the way through and use a backer even if it's just fender washers. get tracks as long as they will fit on your boat. it's much better to have too much tack than to be 2" too short. you can use your riggers on the back and ever have a net holder in front.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a combination of all the suggestions here and went with what I hope will work out.  I am slightly concerned with the Brocraft downrigger adapter.  I changed the hardware it came with.  As for tracks, as suggested I used a piece of angle aluminum at 3/8 thickness.  It feels solid as a rock.  But I could have got smaller than 4"×3".  Could have done 2"×3".  Now to test it all.20230504_182713.thumb.jpg.3ef89d36a77cf0a95e10ebdb78102ca3.jpg20230504_181234.thumb.jpg.e3eac7f94df5152bc996f66d197460aa.jpg20230504_171613.thumb.jpg.ab33db3a04825a11420f9d4d67f6bb41.jpg20230504_171618.thumb.jpg.695de601ba02c959fe7735ffaaf46b8d.jpg20230504_171559.thumb.jpg.1c73d26e056b57e596b3ff7a432677e8.jpg