Keuka and Seneca jigging

Good bite yesterday morning at the Branchport end in 60-75 fow. Various plastics worked but 3/4 oz. Kastmasters seemed particularly effective. Lakers were from 17-23 inches long. Will be grilling some tonight. Boated 11 but missed several hits and had a number of hooked fish come off before they made it to the boat. Replacing the treble hook on the Kastmaster with a top quality hook is a good idea as we found out the hard way. Heard a report from the very friendly fellow at the boat launch that took the weeds off my trailer that lakers also were active out in 130 fow.

Beautiful day out there.

On another note, 3 of us only caught 2 lakers jigging over 2 days at the trout derby but one of them was the biggest lake trout entered.  My fishing partner that caught the big guy was shaking like a leaf as he filled out the forms at the weigh in station. Sure does get your heart pumping.

Nice work Al. I think you guys had the right idea during the derby too as it definitely wasn't a "trollers" derby :)

I fished keuka also yesterday landed 20 lost 2 launched at the south end fished north to the bluff and then picked up. Best action was over 160fow down 50-60 they were reacting really well to sudden speed changes both throttle and turns had 2 fish on flasher fly the rest came from spoons mostly off the boards and divers few on the riggers

Sorry - a little confusion here. The 13.81 pound laker came from Seneca during the trout derby. I myself have caught very few lakers out of Keuka that were larger than 6 pounds but the smaller ones from Keuka are very tasty.

Well I am confused. Was there a tournament at Keyuka two or three weeks ago?

Which end of Seneca were at, I have only fished the south end up to the Salt plant and a little bend. Still a nice fish, nope better than that a real good fish. I will get a bigger one real soon so you better get back out there.....jk