Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Is he out of tags? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. The lake should have been held lower all winter last year. The lake got close to the historical average last October and then was allowed to climb. If the lake was held at the historical average u til spring, they would have had more room for all the water. With higher flows into Lake Ontario, the plan needs to be modified for the extra water in the Great Lakes right now. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Only issue is the number of lakers they still pump into that lake. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. He wouldnt know this Chad . He doesn’t lake fish and just makes bs assumptions. I really think he is just here to stir the pot. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. Looking at the map, they were breaking the law. The other side of Manitou Beach Rd is 8A. Burger Park is in 8C which is bow only. Here is a link to the map. https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/wmutownmap09.pdf
  6. You can not take the captain and mates limit. By law, if I am fishing with my buddy and I limit out, I technically can not fill the rest of his limit. I had this conversation with an ECO on the ice.
  7. Rob, What happened with the dead buck?
  8. Glad he got busted Rob. Sucks about the buck. Hopefully he does not mess with your stands, cameras or vehicle over there now. People suck!
  9. This change does not affect me much since I do not go offshore much since I target browns, lakers and kings and only go offshore when the upwellings screw up the inside waters. The 3 steelhead I have placed in the Summer LOC since the Summer LOC started were bycatch targeting kings. Although, in 35 years of trolling trout and salmon in the Rochester basin, I have never boated a walleye while targeting trout and salmon. For Dave to add another division for walleye he would either lose money or have to charge more to enter. To take something away is not going to grow the derby. People want better chances to place in the derby not less. Charter clients are going to think twice about entering now that they lost a 25% chance of entering a fish to win $.
  10. I agree 100%. Taking the lakers out of the fall years ago and steelhead out of the spring and now summer I think is wrong moves.
  11. Gambler Rigs has a 10% off until 12/31/19 at 11:59PM. Use the code gambler rigs at check out.
  12. The perch runs are screwed up this fall all over too. Could be weather related?
  13. Steve is in for a LONG night!
  14. A big thing with the browns most don't realize is they will spawn in the lake and not run a trib. Years of fall fishing northerns we used to see spawning browns all over in the shallows of the lake in early to late November spawning.
  15. Disregard this post. His old number is working again.
  16. I think Dave is just trying to get more guys to enter. I feel it will do the opposite. The walleye fishery in the summer is a far East end thing. Its not a huge pool of guys. The steelhead fishery is lake wide. If you look at the leaderboard the past two seasons, the steelhead were from all over the lake not just the West end.
  17. Shhh. We don't talk about perch on the internet.
  18. To all the guys that fish the LOC in the Summer, big change for 2020. I just read on their website that they are dumping the steelhead division and replacing it with walleye. LOC 2020 Summer Derby June 27th – July 26th $32,250 Cash $10,000 Grand Prize For the largest Salmon Four Divisions Salmon, Lake Trout, Walleye & Brown Trout Cash Prizes for each division First Place $1000 Second Place $400 Third Place $300 Fourth Place $200 Fifth Place $100 Sixth Thru 10th Place $75 11th Thru 20th $50 $2500 Big Fish of the Week Prizes! $1000 weekly for the largest Salmon entered. $500 weekly for the largest Lake, Brown and Walleye. Weekly winners carry over if no fish meets the minimum WEEKLY DATES 6/27-7/4, 7/5-7/11, 7/11-7/18, 7/19-7/26
  19. The LOC has now taken steelhead out of the summer derby and replaced them with walleye. Interesting. LOC 2020 Summer Derby June 27th – July 26th $32,250 Cash $10,000 Grand Prize For the largest Salmon Four Divisions Salmon, Lake Trout, Walleye & Brown Trout Cash Prizes for each division First Place $1000 Second Place $400 Third Place $300 Fourth Place $200 Fifth Place $100 Sixth Thru 10th Place $75 11th Thru 20th $50 $2500 Big Fish of the Week Prizes! $1000 weekly for the largest Salmon entered. $500 weekly for the largest Lake, Brown and Walleye. Weekly winners carry over if no fish meets the minimum WEEKLY DATES 6/27-7/4, 7/5-7/11, 7/11-7/18, 7/19-7/26
  20. 2009 fall LOC, we were fishing between Wautoma and Lighthouse point in 120' FOW. It was a crush fest on mature kings that morning. As we are trolling East, I can see a very large dead king floating on the surface. As we get closer, I can see a fly in its mouth. We scoop up a 38lb king that had spooled someone on a diver. The fish had a flasher / fly, diver and 1000' of wire attached.
  21. I was not saying you were. No worries. I just wanted to state TU is huge compared to all of our lake clubs and we are out numbered.
  22. Getting TU involved is bad for the charter captains and lake guys. They may do a lot of good for the stream rehab but TU is a huge organization and has power in numbers. As seen here, Dave has rallied the troops at TU to send their comments into the DEC to help get these regs passed. This is just the beginning IMO. LOSTA, ELOSTA, Genesee River Charter association, ect. are tiny compared to TU. Even if the TU members do not fish steelhead, they will support their clubs decision and send in comments to support the changes.
  23. More shots in the city if Rochester last night than I have heard all morning. Zero deer for me so far. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. I was looking South out the one window when the buck appeared. I had to move back and Keith had to move to get in position to shoot. Cool to see someone else drop a deer like that. I just wish I thought to video the shot! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. Happy thanksgiving everyone. Bring on the Christmas lights Chad! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...