Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. This will not happen anytime soon. If you read the lake trout restoration program, you will see why.
  2. GAMBLER

    Ibay 9/29

    Low light hours are usually better.
  3. Ten Point makes some crank models that are easy to use.
  4. 585-455-1792
  5. Didn’t they find some steelhead on the East coast from Lake O also? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. I hate seeing that. Quality buck wasted.
  7. I didn't notice until you said something. I was too busy drooling over its rack.
  8. I have found calling them is better.
  9. Even if I was off a year, the 2 year old year class will be short and noticeable in the run. I read in the DEC meeting minutes from the state of the lake meeting that the 2 and 3 year olds make up 90% of the run. It did not say how much of that 90% was 2 and how much was 3. It should change year to year due to the strength of the year classes. If the 2 year old class was weak this year due to direct stocking and no pens, it will be noticeable.
  10. Well all the pen project seen to blend together year after year. The no pen project years due to warm water hopefully are in the past now that the DEC has worked with us to prioritize the projects by water temp issues.
  11. In 2017, the Sandy pen project only held out fish for a couple days due to warm water (technically we pen reared that year but I would pretty much qualify that as direct stocking) . By your comment above are also insinuating all fish run at 3 year old. There is a large portion of the returns to the Salmon River Hatchery that are 2 year olds according to the DEC fisheries reports. So yes, the Three year old returns next season will be down and 2 year old returns this season.
  12. Rochester Reel Repair is the place to go! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. The best. The biggest attribute is that it DOES NOT absorb moisture. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. Sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. All have been sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. I have 2 packs of size 6 green glow spin n glos for sale. 10 pack - $5.00 plus $5.00 shipping 12 pack - $6.00 plus $5.00 shipping Buy both for $15.00 shipped to the lower 48. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. Thank god. I purchased a .270 for hunting in Orleans County and thought I bought it for no reason! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. I have some new hooks I no longer use and I’m looking to offload them cheap. There are 5-100 packs. They are $10.00 per pack plus $5.00 shipping to the lower 48. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. Don't forget this is the return year of the spring with no pen rearing AND a 50% cut in salmon stocking.
  21. How did this altercation end?
  22. Steve Lapans head is going to spin at the state of the lake meeting this year...…..
  23. I hate when they do that..... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. No need to buy Powder Mill. I brought up at the state of the lake meeting years ago about seeing if the owners of the hatchery would contract out raising our kings or leasing out the space to do it. It was an instant No. Caledonia, Powder Mill, and any other hatchery is totally off the table with the DEC. They have said it for years at the state of the lake meetings. The other issue I can see them bringing up with opening another hatchery is there will be less salmon returning to Altmar Hatchery and it will be harder for the DEC to meet egg quotas. Remember the egg shortage year? I believe us pen rearing all of the tributaries allotment of salmon stocked will help bring a staging fishery back to the West end. This is why pen projects are the MOST IMPORTANT projects on the lake that benefit all of us (Lake, Pier or Stream fishermen). Get involved and help keep this fishery world class! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. The crappie seem up and down from year to year. There is a window in the spring and then they disappear.
×
×
  • Create New...