I fish with Pequod1 on his boat and spot lock is awesome. I have used in many times with him from shallow perch fishing Ibay to deep water perch on Lake Erie. It works as advertised!
Fished offshore yesterday morning for half the morning before heading to calmer waters inside. Two more skippies to put the season total at 11. It is still concerning to me to see such few skips around. The last two trips we have seen some decent two year olds which is good. Insane amounts of bait inside 250' (60' -250). Outside of 250' we found some bait but no where close to the amount inside of 250'.
I believe the issue is the DEC went to spring stocking of coho instead of stocking in the fall. The fall stockers survival rate is way better. Spring stockers cost less $ and demand less man hours.
I believe that is what the coho clipping program is all about. I know from the state of the lake meetings in the past, they talked about an issue with male coho that were sterile.
I agree Vince but the last couple of years, they have been ghosts. They need to get them back to where they were. We used to have them around in way better numbers.
Coho are a not targeted in most of the season. They are around in spring and disappear until late August. I have caught more Atlantics than coho this season.
Power belts were the worst bullet I ever shot out of a muzzleloader. Every deer I shot with them left little blood. When I butchered the deer, I would find bullets fragments all over the deer. Horrible bullets IMO. My buddy turned me on to the Hornady FTX bullets, blackhorn powder and MMP sabots. They have not let me down yet. Like I said above, I have shot 6 deer in three seasons with my new muzzleloader and they all dropped. I have also heard great stuff about the Barnes Expanders but I do not have experience with them.
CCI 209 primers have never let me down. I shoot Blackhorn powder with a Hornady FTX 45 caliber bullets in MMP sabots. I have shot 6 deer with these rounds and they really put a hurting on them!