Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Me too! Most guys think state land is over crowded. If they walked more than 100yds from their vehicles, they would find an empty woods.
  2. I buy 3/4 ID clear tubing from lowes and cut it into 4.5" tubes. I slit both ends and wrap the leader end to end of the tube so it stays nice and neat. I also write the fly color on the outside of the tube.
  3. All of us Sandy guys work together to tow each other. I would never leave someone stranded. I have came from home to go out and get someone in the past. I have seen the BYC towing guys in before also. Not sure what their policy is.
  4. Great report and congrats on the 5th place with your son!
  5. Updated 7/21/19 Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. Glad it all worked out for you Jack! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. I caught a king in the Genesee River skein fishing that had a flasher and fly in its mouth. The king was not hooked, I hooked the leader to the fly.
  8. I highly recommend Atommik copper in 300' and 500' lengths. These have been my 2 most popular coppers over the years. You will need a Penn 340 or a Daiwa Seagate 60 for the 300 and a Penn 345 GTI or a Okuma Soltera for the 500. I run a full 300yds of backing on all my coppers.
  9. Good luck getting reports. The Pro AM is this coming weekend.
  10. More than likely a bad seal on the motor housing or a cracked boot on the switch.
  11. The teams will be listed and updated as we receive entry’s. The teams that are in the Calcutta will have * after the team name. 1. Legacy* 2. Escape* 3. Jager* 4. East Fork Barberians* 5. Piece or Work* 6. Silver Fox* 7. Net Breaker* 8. Rigged* 9. Double AA* 10. U-Betcha* 11. Free Spirit* 12. Mr. Breeze 13. Salmonboy* 14. Black Magic* 15. Pull The Hook 16. Hammerhead 17. Richmond IV 18. Sweet Caroline 19. Scottsman II 20. Double D* 21.Alyda* 22. Reel Serious 23. Hells Bells 24. Just Right 25. U R Next 26. Pickled Livers 27. Polish moments 28. Fishing for fun* 29. Live Action* 30. Coyote K 31. Hound Dog* 32. Get The Net* 33. Sanitarium 34. Irish Thunder* 35. Screaming Reels* 36. Rochester Sportfishing* 37. Addiction* Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. Find where 62 degrees intersects the bottom and fish around that area. Last week we fished them in the 15-35’ zone and hammered the browns all three trips. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. I ordered some at Narby’s last year. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. You are welcome. I tie my leaders at 20’ with a double uni knit. The length is only for having the ability to cut in down when we get a nick in the line. I use green big game so there isn’t a huge advantage. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. 15lb on my board rods and 20 on the riggers. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. It’s going to change quick after today’s wind. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. Awesome! Memories that will last those kids a lifetime! Sent from my iPhone
  18. It was a pleasure fishing with you Pete! You are welcome back anytime! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. It is now. Congrats! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. No derby ticket? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. It’s been great this week! Three trip and we have caught some beauty Browns. Hopefully that 20lb brown waits until next week. I need my brown to stay in top spot for fish of the week! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. I am another satisfied customer of Rochester Reel Repair. Give Brian a call! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. I use a uni knot on mine. No issues. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. What Rick said. As you get into late August, temp means even less to these salmon. I have pulled more stagers out of 70+ degree water in late August than any other temp. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...