Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You can out them right in your post without them having to download them. I got them to download and open in my phone. Kind of a pain.....
  2. We found bear poop on GatorNy's property this spring in Sweden. I don't know if that classifies of NW Monroe county.
  3. There was one in Hilton in 2012. It walked through the yards on my street one afternoon. That is the last one I have heard of in the last couple of years.
  4. If the leaders are breaking in the middle, it is more than likely frayed from rubbing on the net after landing a fish. As for brands, Seaguar Blue label is awesome. I tried the Trout and salmon stuff and it is good but not nearly as good as the blue label. Vanish and P line were thrown in the trash after I tried them. I retie my leaders every winter. The only leaders that get retied during the season is one that is frayed. I have extra leaders ready to go. If one gets frayed, off it comes and a new one is put out. I have plenty ready to go for the entire season.
  5. That's all I use. I have found that over the years, depending on the knot you use, you can damage the leader. I use uni knots and if you do not lubricate the knot when you pull it tight, it will damage the leader.
  6. The other issue is, the trout and salmon that are stocked are stock for a put and take fishery. The bait levels are already stressed according to the DEC. With a lot less fish going home in coolers, the bait is going to take another hit that we do not need!
  7. Anybody want to see if we can get the town of Hamlin to modify the docks so it can be reopened?
  8. I heard from a guy that a board was broken on the dock and it was very slippery.
  9. Sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. Totally different method than we use on Lake O Tyeetanic.
  11. Monroe County will not do sh*t. They could care less about fishing / boating in the county. Other counties are smart enough to keep the revenue it generates coming in...
  12. West Marine or Overtons should have them. I had that exact one on my boat and it did not last long. I replaced the plastic steps with wood.
  13. Yes that is the measurement they use. When the news showed the inflow at 10,990, the outflow was only 7,100!!!
  14. It is only at 8500. In 2017 they had it up to 10,200. The local new said it was coming into lake Ontario at 10,990 a couple weeks ago.
  15. Used but in good condition. 7’6” and 8’0” heartlands. $15.00 each or both for $25.00. Local pick up in Hilton NY. I do not want to ship. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. That would keep the bait traffic way down. I see it as a perfect time to fish the bay! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. Some times having a rod higher will draw their attention away from the cowbells. They see that higher rod first. If I run my probe with a spoon on it while Laker fishing, I run it drastically Higher. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. Even when they drop deeper, short cores or snap weights will get you more rods in. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. How many riggers were you running? Some days too many riggers or riggers close together running cowbells will actually shut them down. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. Sandy was open yesterday when I put my boat in. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. There were carp swimming in the parking lot at Cranberry pond in 2017. Did you see the carp all along the parkway in the grass and woods? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. When I dragged cowbells on the thumper, I used a three foot leader from the rudder. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. Can’t beat carpin on the fly rod. Here is a giant grass carp I caught on a “bread fly”. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. Great job getting the kids involved! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...