Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Looks like Yankee Troller won by the picture I saw on Facebook (136.16 points). Congrats Rick, Craig and crew!
  2. Not really.
  3. Boom is still in. Look closely at this photo. You can see the lines of barrels holding back the ice. You can see the break in the boom ( line of barrels in a line pointing downstream). Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. I have had nothing but great experiences with them also.
  5. I heard the boom removal has been delayed due to the amount of ice on the back side of the boom. Looking at the camera, ice is going through the area that broke this spring in the wind event we had.
  6. All I can say is I'm not surprised...…..
  7. It’s 30lb on all my rigs. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. I have seen this multiple times in Conesus, Ibay and Braddocks. I have no clue as to why they do it. It is a weird sight!
  9. Lots will be tight to the bottom but I catch a ton of browns on high divers and cheaters. As August rolls around, the numbers only go up of fish up in bath water. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. This needs to happen. This has been an issue since they closed snagging. From snagging to poaching deer, fish and game fines are a joke in NY state. I just read a story about a guy in Ohio that poached a deer and received a $43,000 fine and loss of his license for 10 years. I would think that is a great way to keep guys (some not all) from breaking the laws! In NY state he would have received a hand slap.
  11. That would work for me. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. 1000’ of wire fits perfect. There is a slight space for backing but IMO it’s not worth the hassle. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. They do not survive well with alewife as the main forage. The original strains are gone and the ones they stock are doing ok but not great. The Canadians stock 600,000 a year and get less than 20 returning adults a year. That would be wonderful for everyone...….
  15. Beat me to it Les!
  16. They are made in the Finger Lakes region by Jason Oakes (finger lakes lure company).
  17. You have to use your Fish Hawk with your fish finder together. Fish the marks on your fish finder and use the Fishhawk for repeatability.
  18. No one is saying all trib guys are unethical snaggers Dave. I know tons of respectable trib anglers and have fished with some of them. It is the bad apples that I hate and b*tch about (both land and boat). Here is a question you might be able to answer Dave: How has TU not used its pull to get the state to do more about the issues on the LO tribs?
  19. It is high for a 93 21' boat but price out a stringer and transom job and you will see that the price isn't that bad!
  20. I use 30lb Power Pro.
  21. Spoons off riggers, slide divers, wire divers, leadcores, coppers and drop weights off plainer boards depending on how deep they are. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...