Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. They keep getting deleted. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. Too much popcorn Scott. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Nothing better than watching an episode of Jerry Springer while eating kettle corn Bill. Good choice! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. I got butter or kettle corn in the pantry Bill. Which you do you want me to pop? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. Never put the rubber band around the reel handle! I have seen guys make a mess doing that! Use Saltist reels and no rubber band is necessary! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. That boat bounces around like an aluminum boat. No thanks.
  7. I agree 100%. The sandy creek pen project gets a good mix of lake guys, guys that do both and some trib guys. The trib unethical behavior is going to be a tough one to tackle. Once deer season starts, getting an officer to respond is tough. I have waited hours and no one showed up or they showed up well after the clown has left. Until the DEC gets more CO’s, the fishery will suffer. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. Anyone looking to launch at Sandy in Hamlin, bring a shovel. They plowed a pile of snow in front of the ramp.
  9. This thread is getting way too political IMO.
  10. Yes. I have no problem with a guy making a living off of a fishing tournament. The money paid out in the LOC is good if you win or place in the top spot in each division. We also have to choice to fish these tournaments. I choose to fish the LOC but not the Classics.
  11. I thought the Summer Classic and Winter classic didn't make much money because of all the expenses?
  12. Cheaters suck and should be called out. They should also be banned by every tournament in the state.
  13. My buddy found a couple of those at the Genny last fall. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. Most lake guys have taken responsibility and admit that C&R is not good on the lake. Guys are going huge lengths to C&R steelhead like the boga method. My beef with the tribs is the illegal shenanigans that goes on. If you want to manage the steelhead as a trib fishery, clean up the illegal crap on the tribs. C&R on the tribs needs to be studied on the pressured tribs to see what damage is being done. No one has proof that heavy C&R does not cause harm to the fishery. I have no problem with legit trib guys that respect the fishery. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. I just put a new board in one of my 4 year old STX riggers along with the clutch hardware. I abuse my riggers laker fishing but my old Mag 20’s lasted a lot longer. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. Steelhead catches were down according to the DEC. Lake trout also. Makes sense when Kings were everywhere and guys didn’t have to venture far offshore. I only caught 18 steelhead last season. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. According to the state of the lake meeting, steelhead returns are not as good as they should be. I guess guys bragging about 20+ days on the pin rod are all lies. I fished the days of the crickets. Horrible. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. The enforcement is something we can agree on. The snaggers just lining and lifting, not on the Genny or the Oak. The salmon river may have cleaned up a little but it is still an issue that really needs to be taken care of to help us have a healthy fishery. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. It is simple, let your main line lure out, clip it in the release. Let the rigger down the amount of distance you want between the main spoon and the cheater. Clip the cheater on the main line, throw the spoon out of the boat and let the rigger down to the desired depth. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. If they have a license, if the judges doesn’t throw away the tickets and they do not harm the fishery by taking more than their limit. There are not nearly enough ECO’s to cover the tribs. They want to promote the tribs but they do not want to do anything to keep the fishery from getting rapped by snaggers. Until they can get the shenanigans under control, promoting the tribs is only going to be bad for the tribs. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. I used to trib fish a lot in my younger days. The crowds were annoying due to the fact that most were snaggers. I got annoyed with the constant disregard for the fishery. I spent many hours waiting for the DEC to arrive and then not show up. It really is a shame that we have a world class fishery in our back yard and the DEC does not care at all about it once deer season and duck season start. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. And this is the reason why the tribs should have more regulation than the lake.......... Heck, lets have a program to promote the tribs more, they need it.
  23. That's what the Salmon River looks like in the fall.
×
×
  • Create New...