Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Pete, We get one or two a year in our intake at work. A couple years ago, we had a spawning pair in the well a the pump station. When I first started working here, I got a huge one in the screens that would have challenged the state record if it was caught on a rod and reel. It went back in the lake.
  2. A used rubber on a cheater...... I will have to dig out the photo and scan it in. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Here is how Silverfox stores his Gambler Rigs. I have had this questions about my rigs many times and Scott has the perfect solution. The boxes and foam come from Amish Outfitters. I just ordered some to do this. As for cowbells, I purchased a flasher bag from Cabelas. I’m not sure if they still sell them or not. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. Thanks Pat for posting the video. The tributary outreach program scares the crap out of me. There is nothing like giving the keys to the city to the criminals......... It will promote the trib fishery (which could be a good thing) but along with every respectful trib angler comes 3 snaggers. Do the tribs need any more pressure? The Salmon River during salmon season is shoulder to shoulder. How many more cavemen do we need? I agree with what Rick (Yankee Troller) said at the end of the video. Lets have a study done on the conditions of steelhead after being caught over and over again. Missing meals day in and day out has to have an adverse affect on steelhead. Being fought over and over again builds up lactic acid in their bodies and burns calories they need to spawn and survive. They may not be dying off but they have to be leaving the tribs in worse conditions then they should be. I know I would be a lot thinner if I missed a bunch of meals this winter.
  5. Who did the mounts for you Tommy?
  6. Those increases are great but a little more notice to the pen projects would have been a little nicer! A three week window to get more pens made, and nets ordered is a little rough......
  7. No meal at the reception, no gift. Sorry bud.
  8. I don't have a review but I'm curious as to why you would not spend another $50.00 and get the X4?
  9. A X4D would make for a great wedding gift!
  10. Last year we boated four and they were all in July. 2 came inshore fishing browns in 50-60' and two came offshore both 300'+. All four were taken on spoons off of riggers. All four were barely legal.
  11. I am stuck working for the meetings. Could someone possibly post a summary after one of the meetings?
  12. I read an article about a big crack down on illegal charter operation last summer. They were saying it was coming. These illegal charters are hurting the legit legal guys. I have a feeling if they did this on Lake Ontario, they would shut down a couple guys not playing by the rules.
  13. Congrats Longspurs! Well done!
  14. Californians voted in Nancy Pelosi....... They shouldn't get any votes.
  15. Would I have to stop paying my son per fly he killed? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. 🤮. Driving Park salmon must taste good. Why would so many spend time chasing them down there! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. I will have to keep a look out at work. I have not seen them but I have not been looking.
  18. Hopefully the DEC heads that direction. The population will tumble in a hurry!
  19. Thank you KilliansRed! These pen projects are more important than ever and we need more guys like you!
  20. Yet? Waiting for a cormorant season? I think more guys will buy licenses if it happens! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. GPS speed and cable angle are useless if you have weird or ripping currents. For example: Last season during the Sandy Creek Shootout, the currents were horrible. On a west troll, in and above the thermalcline we had great lure speed. A the same time, below the thermalcline, speed was way too slow for the lures to have action. All of the cable angles looked good. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars a year fishing this lake, I'm not going to half a$$ it and not spend $700.00 on a speed and temp unit. The increased amount of fish you will catch will make it worth. Take $700 and spread it over the life of the unit. If the unit lasts 10 years, it is costing you $70 per year. To me, A speed and temp unit is a necessity. Now, I may be giving the unit too much credit , here is why. The unit can give you the info, but you need to be able to take the info and use it to put the pieces of the puzzle together. With a decent fish finder, speed and temp unit and some knowhow of the fishery, a speed and temp unit can make a huge improvement to the number of fish that hit your floor.
  22. I guess bringing money to these ports or towns is not a good thing? What a bunch of clowns.........
  23. Any grubs in the crappies? The perch and gills from the other day had them but not the crappies. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...