Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. It is looking the same as the past two years. Sandy Creek Marina is still closed, the State launch is closed and there are no empty slips on the creek.
  2. I use Liberty Mutual.
  3. If they open Braddocks, they would have to open Sandy too. It is also in Monroe County. As a tournament organizer (Sandy Creek Shootout), I agree with the decision to keep it down to two ports. It is hard enough to police one port let alone three ports. If they had observers, it would be less of an issue but you would lose more participants.
  4. It’s between Pultneyville and Sodus. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. Thanks Bruce. It was like that from the creek all the way to Lighthouse. Non stop.
  6. I say 3 and 3 with 2 lakers per box with a $300 entry fee. At this time of the year, anyone can catch 2 lakers!
  7. Here you go! 2019 - https://ijc.org/en/loslrb/watershed/outflow-changes 2018- https://ijc.org/sites/default/files/2019-01/FlowChanges2018.pdf
  8. Atommik flies, meat rigs and copper. The following flies are my go to flies: Stud Glow Stud Green Crinkle Green Hammer Mirage Mirage Glow I run Protroll and Spin Doctors. Here are some of my favorites: Live Wire Hammer Time Two Face Green Dot Captain Valume Double Crush UV I run a lot of Stingers and Moonshines. Here are some of my favorite colors: NBK Green Glow Alewife (regular and UV) Purple Glow Alewife (regular and UV) Tuxedo (regular and UV) Green Jeans Froggy Glow UV seasick waddler Frostbite (regular and UV)
  9. My 9-5 gig has been nuts with OT. It is finally winding down. I have 2.5 weeks off for the start of the LOC. I will make up for lost time!
  10. It sucks to see this after the time and money these guys poured into this place in the past year. No state troopers yesterday. Man it’s a slow ride to the dock from 1000’ out and up the creek at that speed! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. Many guys have asked me how to store Gambler Rigs. I purchased these boxes from Amish Outfitters (at the recommendation of Silver Fox). They are the cutbait storage boxes and the hold 24 rigs (regular or magnum). These boxes will keep them in better shape. You put the hooks into the bottom of the foam and wrap them around the pad. They come with little pins that you put through the loop on the leaders to hold them in place. Here is a picture below for reference. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. Unless that's a 25+" Atlantic underneath the top three!
  13. I didn't put the go pro down yesterday. If I had a camera on my balls, I wouldn't post the videos here Billy!
  14. Finally got the boat out due to working OT and selling laker rigs. Fished 75-140 with 90-110 being the best water. Kings and lakers all day mostly on spoons 35-85 down. Huge amounts of bait from 75-95. Non stop for miles. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Anyone see any of the Gambler Rigs I donated? I sent a huge box of micros and never heard anything back.
  16. I use a zip tie and the release pictured above. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. I'm with Rick on these guys. Quality captains with big comfy boats!
  18. Back in the day, 17lb was more like 30lb. Todays materials are thinner and made as cheap as possible to maximize profit. Take a spool of Seaguar Blue label from ten years ago and compare it to a brand new spool. There is a difference. I found this out this past winter when I got my 30lb floro out to tie pike leaders. I ran out and grabbed a new spool from the salmon box. I was blown away at the difference between the two!
  19. 17lb on bait heads. Are you talking cut bait heads? If so, you are way too light! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. You have broke off more in one season than I have in the past ten year combined. It has to be something you are doing. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Anything above 10,200 makes shipping dangerous. I read an article that explained how there are section of the river that the current would be strong and could be dangerous for ships to pass through without running aground. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. I saw a picture of the dam on Facebook and they did open two flood gates. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...