Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. North end had 10+" of hard clear ice yesterday.
  2. Our intake temp was warmer into December than the year before. Last years was the warmest I could find in our records in the last ten years. If spring comes on time or early, I think we will be fine. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Having the lake higher and having mother nature in the equation is a recipe for disaster. They had trouble controlling the levels before Plan 2014.
  4. And one West bound right across from it.
  5. We were out there this morning and did 3 northerns and two big largemouth. The ice was 10" and crystal clear. The gill bite was good and the size seems to be improving.
  6. Last I heard there was 9”. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. I think it is more important that you attend your family reunion
  8. Legacy has a good replacement for them. Hopefully he chimes in.
  9. Our intake temp at work is the lowest I have ever seen it in December. It is currently 34 degrees. Last year at this time it was 40 degrees and only went down to 37 degrees at it's lowest point. The two horrible winters, the lowest we got was 33 and that was for only two weeks.
  10. .
  11. Yes it is from evaporation of the lake but not all of it. If the lake level managers do not take into consideration about the huge snow pack on Tug Hill and the entire Lake Ontario watershed, it could drastically affect the water levels.
  12. I had 35 from Cranberry on Friday. They tasted the same as always. I'd be a little more worried about the taste of those Golden Eye and Long tailed ducks before perch .
  13. The **** you are referring to was treated with chloronators before being pumped into the lake. I'm not sure if they were pumping into the ponds but down by my work, it was being discharged to the lake.
  14. It is going to happen again. The lake is high already, Erie is high again and predicted to be a touch higher than last year. If the snow continues and we get some rain this spring, history will repeat!
  15. With towns using the water for drinking water, the state will be forced to do something about it.
  16. The bad press will hurt your charter business too. Just like how fishing reports can make or break charters. If the fishing is hot and heavy, people will come and fish. If reports are saying fishing sucks, people will not spend the $$$. I know a bunch of people that read this sites reports and conditions section before coming up to Lake Ontario to fish.
  17. Can you make it two in one night Billy?
  18. I have shot 4 deer with the new muzzleloader and the Hornadys. All four dropped in their tracks and the bullet looked like that. Until they let me down, I have no reason to switch.
  19. If it were due to pesticides and fertilizers, I would think you would see massive alewive die offs at the same time. With zebra muscles showing up, botulism is another concern. VHS disease is another thing to keep in mind. When VHS disease went through Lake Ontario hard, it seemed to affect other species worse than others. Smallmouth, pike and muskies were some of the hardest hit.
  20. Looks a lot like the Hornadys that I shoot.
  21. If Seneca's alewive population is high, this could be an issue like Lake O had with steelhead a couple seasons ago. The DEC said the steelhead were eating too many alewives and it was causing the issue. Just another thing to think about.
  22. GAMBLER

    Honoeye

    As my old man always used to say, sh*t floats.
  23. Thanks. He is VERY smart but a little stubborn. He is coming along nicely.
  24. If he does, he will never get that mower in the barn.... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. It is sad to see the season come to a close. Congrats to everyone that tagged a deer. This season was my best season. I ended up putting two doe and my biggest buck to date in the freezer. I want to say thanks to Gator and Duckman1 for letting me hunt your property! I had a ton of fun hunting with Pequod1, Gator, Duckman1 and a couple of my other friends that do not participate on LOU. Here are some photos. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...