Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I never heard that before. Thanks good to hear.
  2. Are you saying you cant access the lake with a canoe there once the spawn starts? I have never heard that.
  3. Just because I have digestive issues does not mean I am part Lake Trout Les!
  4. I guess I will have to go back to dragging peanut rigs around! My buddy Keith has a 19' Seanymph we rigged up for trolling. Seeing that there are not any tournaments going on up here that weekend, I might seriously head down there!
  5. A $10,000 payout might get me to drag the Escape down from Ontario and chase some Seneca lakers!
  6. You guys haven't had issues with the Suffix fraying? I had a lot of issues with it.
  7. Our intake temp at work went from 34 degrees a couple weeks ago to 39 degrees.
  8. 10 colors Mason 27lb leadcore. The ten color is my most productive leadcore rod.
  9. That didn’t happen until the heavy rains came. The Ottawa River could be high again after run off and rain. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. That didn’t happen until the heavy rains came. The Ottawa River could be high again after run off and rain. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. That's because you are old!
  13. Here is the recipe I use. I boil the perch in old bay, dill and salt. Once they are cooked, I crumble them in the colander and substitute it for crab in this recipe. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. Lakers may be in the system longer but they are easier to take out of the system. They stay in the same band of water year round for he most part. They could cut stocking and fishermen could knock the population down in a hurry. The lakers prey heavily on alewife. Yes they eat other things but their diet is mostly alewife. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  15. I'm surprised you didn't go to Erie!
  16. Shore ice is the first to go. Old holes, pressure cracks and gas pockets will be bigger. Use spud, rope, and ice picks as back up plans. A life jacket would not hurt either. If we get any kind of refreeze with a coating of snow, the ice will be a lot harder to read. I am putting my ice fishing stuff away for the season. I will find other places to fish on open water.
  17. I can send you mine tonight Pap.
  18. That is one of my favorite ways to cook perch!
  19. A lot of times they still look like this one if they just came out of the tribs in the spring. Once they spend some time in the lake, they get more silvery.
  20. Fish 307 has them too.
  21. The Scotty Auto stop beads fail. I have seen it more than once!
  22. Voice of reason and Scott are two things that do not go together!
×
×
  • Create New...