Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The Rochester basin has the best summer concentration of lakers on Lake Ontario IMO. You can fish from Devils Nose in Hamlin all the way to Webster Park and find lakers all the way through without skipping a beat. I took a 34lb 6 oz Laker in 2012 East Of Sandy Creek and Captain Bruce took a 35lb laker in the same area a couple season ago. Late August big lakers start to pile up around the shoals From Sandy Creek to Braddock Point and the Flats East of Irondequoit Bay. These two areas would be my choice in August. If you are coming to the Sandy area, I can give you reports! If you go to Oak Orchard, you will have to run 11+ miles East before you find lakers. Sandy creek is limited for marina space but you could always go to Bald Eagle and run East to find lakers. It is 6 miles closer to laker water than Oak Orchard. P.S. If you are in the area but not fishing out of Sandy, you could always hitch a ride with me and I can show you the areas I fish out of Sandy.
  2. They will be under in no time at that height...........
  3. Mid day is the best time to fish lakers. Fish them until evening and then switch back over to salmon.
  4. FISH USA Marine General www.gamblerrigs.com as for shops, South Bay Narbys Captains Cove
  5. 90-120 is he most consistent band of water year round for Lakers. I would go way East. The further east you go, the better the laker fishing is. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  6. Congrats Matt!
  7. I believe it is.
  8. In the town of Greece in a bow only area.
  9. Only if you want to have the chance at a 20+lb brown or a 30+lb laker!
  10. That is correct. The 2015 hatch was OK and 2016 was a record hatch. If this seasons hatch is good, we will be fine.
  11. The bait population could be better after the two hard winters. The last two YOY alewife hatches have been good and made a big difference. If we have another good year class this year, IMO we are back on track.
  12. Nope
  13. I would like to throw in a Gambler Rigs prize pack for the biggest laker caught on Big Fish Friday.
  14. Congrats Nick! Wait until you get some of the new UV series stuff!
  15. GAMBLER

    Stringers

    I had mine done years ago and mine were in rough shape. Some boats, the engine starts to sink into the stringer. We found mine because the engine was flexing the stringer and the engine coupler went. Is yours and I/O or inboard?
  16. Another factor that might hold fish is the lake bottom. I find more lakers over clay / mud bottom than rock. Anyone know what the bottom consists of in the PA waters?
  17. I don't know about Erie but Lake Ontario, I find lakers in the same water year round. The only time they vacate the area is when the temp gets above 50 degrees. Year after year, lakers are found in the same areas. I have caught a lot of big lakers in Lake Ontario on the same exact weigh points from previous years. You guys are saying the lakers disappear in summer, how deep have you tried? I have caught them as deep as 220 on the bottom in Lake Ontario.
  18. Behind my work. There has been 15 birds and 7 have good beards on them. Two with ground dragging paint brushes! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. The sand has always been there. It now has a nice big wall to collect in front of. Look at this photo of the wall. The North side of the wall is inches deep and there is a couple tons of sand waiting to fill the channel in. A Jetty placed on each side of the channel keeping sand out of the channel would help big time.
  20. The amount of sand in front of the jetty is unbelievable. Any East wind and its going to fill right in.
  21. I forgot, I write the name on the outside of the tube to make it easier for guys on the boat to know what is what when I ask them to grab one.
  22. I buy 3/4" tubing from Lowes and cut it down to size. I put slits in each end, slide the leader through the tube until the treble hooks on the end of the tube. Wrap the leader in the slits and it holds it in place for storage. They fit nice in a Plano box with no dividers.
  23. Pro Marine Services on Sandy Creek does awesome work. Give Tommy a call.
×
×
  • Create New...