Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Don't try to understand the thinking of the LOC. There are a lot of goofy things that have happened in the past couple of years. You would think the LOC would want the extra guys in town to buy LOC tickets. You would also think the longer the derby, the more entrants you have. The summer derby is one week shorter than the past.
  2. I put together a graph from our intake temp at work and it shows a huge difference from the temps at the buoy. remember the huge temp break that never moved in 200' fow for weeks the past two seasons? The lake at our intake temp was above 50 degrees for 194 days in 2015 (the lake is way warmer right now than it was the past three years at this time and this is also the longest span of above 50 degrees since 2011). If you go by the buoy data, the lake was only above 50 degrees at the buoy for 146 days in 2015 (which is the coldest it was in the 6 years of data I looked at. If I get more time today, I will try to put the data up.
  3. They were there the other night Rob. Good luck.
  4. None of those. I will try to dig up a photo.
  5. Time to get some folks together and go for a walk in the park Keith.
  6. Luhr Jensen. It is a brushed silver dodger.
  7. I'm with Rick on this one. I have run them the past couple years and they still catch fish.
  8. Congrats Matt!
  9. All I can think of is that picture going around Facebook with the huge buck and the saying I stopped by your stand yesterday but you were at work.
  10. same here Matt. The smoke pole is the only way to go. It is amazing how many deer drop right in their tracks with the muzzleloader.
  11. That many? He must have purchased it this morning.
  12. Those are the guys you hear emptying the entire gun and missing every shot.
  13. I just got a summit Matt. 20 lbs, quiet, and very comfortable. Make sure you get the aluminum one. I got mine at field and stream for $279.99.
  14. Swans is a great place. It used to be owned by a distant relative of mine.
  15. Deer can jump the string for sure at 350 fps. If the deer is on high alert, it is more likely.
  16. It is being dumped into the River past the US / Canadian border in Montreal. The River is Canadian on both sides that far Northeast.
  17. Buy the recommended bolts for the crossbow. What brand is it? I purchased a Wicked Ridge by Ten Point and the bolts came with 100 grain field points. Looking at the bolt chart, 125 grain tips are mostly used on the 22" heavier bolts. Are the broadheads Rage crossbow broadheads or regular archery broadheads?
  18. It is in Montreal. It is not affecting American waters so I guess we have no control over the situation. Stupid decision for sure. It just goes to show the US is not the only country with screwed up politicians.....
  19. That one should taste good Matt. Gotta love that wood flavor. We have all been there...
  20. I have been running them for two seasons and they have been flawless. Superior drag and great retrieval rate.
  21. I just read an article about the stocking in Lake Michigan. They are saying natural reproduction dropped from 60% to 40%. I wonder if the natural reproduction has dropped on Lake Ontario? If so, is this why we see way lower numbers of salmon?
  22. Didn't they discontinue the walleye stocking Tom? Last I knew they were not doing it anymore.
  23. How about Sasquatch Scott? I read it on the internet so it has to be true.
  24. Tillich is great. Fast and does a great job.
  25. Spent the morning in the woods on state land and had an OK morning. Saw three bucks and one big doe. Let the two little bucks walk and could not get a shot on a decent buck. All three bucks were nose to the ground and on the move.
×
×
  • Create New...