Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. They want lakers because they are Native species. I wouldn't go as far as to say laker populations are uncontrollable but not as easy to maintain. They could cut king stockings and see a difference in a couple years. Lakers live way longer and would take a lot longer to get out of the system (unless everyone started targeting them). When salmon fishing is horrible and lakers get pounded for seasons in a row, laker populations drop. The 90's / early 2000's were a prime examples. It would not take too much effort to drop the laker population back down. They are the most predictable and easiest species to catch. What species of the trout and salmon stays in the same band of the lake for the entire season? LAKERS.
  2. I'm selling a Cabelas 14' 9/10 weight spey rod. I have not used it in a couple of years. It is in great condition. $100.00 plus $10.00 shipping to the lower 48 or local pick up / meet. I can send pics via text message.
  3. Updated and now FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48!
  4. Lot 8 sold pending payment.
  5. I hope we have a warm winter. Don't get me wrong, I love to ice fish but these last two years on Lake Ontario have been dismal partially because of the bad winters.
  6. Open up the rigger case and look inside. If the circuit board is burnt, its the circuit board. Use a volt meter to check the switch. This is the best way to tell what is wrong. I knew as soon as I opened the case on my Mag 20. You could smell the burnt circuit board. Mine would also go down but not up both times!
  7. Gloves? You don't need gloves to sit in a heated tent and jig! Buy a good heater and an ice tent and you can ice fish in a sweatshirt.
  8. GAMBLER

    Shelter?

    I have had Clams for twenty years with zero issues. I currently have a one man and a two man. Find a couple people with each brand and check them out before buying.
  9. Nice job and Nice meeting you at the LOC awards ceremony!
  10. They are very easy to replace. Mine went in a mag 20 twice. The issue that caused mine was moisture in the switch. Once I replaced the switch, it never happened again. FISH307 is a great place for replacement parts. All you do is take the side of the rigger off, unplug the old board and plug the new board in.
  11. Blew the circuit board.
  12. I just purchased some heartlands from Overtons. Great price too.
  13. Have them add some break walls for a channel Missem!
  14. Say what you want about laker fishing Rick. The more lakers taken out of the system by fishermen, the brighter our king future looks. The laker population has been climbing the past three seasons. I have seen a drastic increase in fish under 15lbs. Think about how many alewives a laker eats compared to a king in its lifetime.
  15. Pike regs should be changed by body of water. You can keep the same number of pike on Silver Lake as you can on Lake Ontario???? Lake Ontario bays can take a beating a lot better than the Finger Lakes.
  16. Aren't most YOY alewives found inshore in brown waters? Hopefully we have a very mild winter and things get back on track. This is my biggest fear when they stocked more lakers. If there are two bad years of YOY alewives, another bad winter we could have bait issues down the road. If it was extra kings they stocked, we could get them out of the system in a couple years and minimize the damage. We will not be able to get the lakers out of the system for a long time and we could be in trouble. They say lakers are eating mostly gobies but the majority of baitfish spit up when we fish lakers are ALEWIVES. This past June, we were trolling the bottom in 120 fow and watching fish streak back to the empty bottom and then the rods would pop. The upper part of the water column was loaded with alewives and they were spitting them up like crazy. Most of the lakers we found this year were not on structure, they were under bait schools. Normally, I find my lakers hugging the bottom on structure. Not the case this year. I had to fish the bait schools like they were structure.
  17. By the looks of the channel in the drawings, nothing is going to keep the sand from filling in the channel........
  18. A lot of the reasoning is to decrease the doe population in the DEC's answers. Wouldn't it be better to give out more doe tags?
  19. I kept a deep hooked tiger (bleeding horribly and did not revive) out of Conesus and I do not see why anyone would want to keep a tiger. They taste like largemouth caught in the summer.
  20. You were fishing below them. The difference from 2.2 - 1.5 - 1.7 on a wire diver in depth is a lot that slow.
  21. Lots 3,4,5,7 and 9 are sold pending payment. Bandrus you are next in line for #9 if the deal falls apart.
×
×
  • Create New...