Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Dewey, My group is leaving 7am on Friday to get up there and fish the afternoon. The ice should be fine for wheelers. If not, they will sit on the trailer. Steve and I had this discussion Sunday am. I got most of my icefishing stuff ready tonight before coming into work. I can't wait!!! As for the Lindy darters, they will work. We caught some eyes on them last year. They are good for very active / aggressive walleye.
  2. Happy Brithday Mark!
  3. Thanks for getting this out so early. I have the weekend off already but I'm going to take some days off before to prefish!
  4. No way I would go with anything less than 12lb. braid. I spooled all of my medium / medium heavy rods with 12lb fireline. Been using it for 5 seasons no with no breakoffs on good walleye and a couple big norhterns.
  5. Happy Birthday Tom!
  6. The extended forecast for Belleville looks A LOT better than here. I hope it pans out. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I did get out yesterday but not enough ice to use the new auger.
  7. I was out there yesterday for an hour after hitting another spot somewhere else. Fished one hour on 3" of cloudy white ice and went 1 for 2. The one I landed was around 26". Water was very murky (only about 9" of visibility).
  8. Man, someone is grumpy today! That 21 year old auger was past it's prime. Time for something new.
  9. Tom: It was working before I messed with it. Hank: This is why cooks should stay in the kitchen and not try to fix things! Tom: Whats wrong with using a hammer to adjust the carb?
  10. Congrats Pete. I knew it would not take you long to post this!
  11. GAMBLER

    Conesus...

    Warm up for Tuesday will take care of that for us. This winter SUCKS!!!!!
  12. Girliemen do not deserve to be in the playoffs. They lost to the Redskins TWICE!
  13. Diawa Saltist 30. 6.1 to 1 gear ratio and the best drag going IMO. Tekotas are nice but the drags do not fine tune as good as the Saltist reels.
  14. One word............Copper! When copper goes bad, you can take it to the scrap yard and get some $$$ back!
  15. It had a little ice when I came to work today. Snow covered with a lot of slushy spots. It will be a couple days.
  16. I never said I was dragging Gator around. I have too much stuff in my tent as it is!!!!
  17. Atleast they have some ice up there. I'm ready to drag the clam around the hard way if need be.
  18. I will talk to him John. If he has any info, I will send it to you in a PM.
  19. If there is ice!
  20. How heavy is the mono between the copper and the backing? I run 50 and the releases (scotty) hold really well, even in rough stuff.
  21. Stop trying to pass the buck Brian ! We have already been through this.....it was you and you alone that put us in this predicament by buying that new propane auger !!!! Thanks buddy ! LOL Aren't you supposed to be working????
  22. The real kicker is my buddy stayed this winter to ice fish. He normally spends the entire winter in Costa Rica. He usually fished one or two trips with me on the ice and then went South. He purchased a new auger, tent, tip ups, rods and jigs. He is the one that really screwed the winter up for us!
  23. Nice Job Ray. How did it taste?
×
×
  • Create New...