Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Ramps are gone. $10.00 takes the pigeon thrower!!!
  2. The gobies are a good food source for lots of species. Most of the perch I caught the past week were loaded with small gobies. The 14" perch I caught had 3 in it's stomach.
  3. What Rick no custom Seasick Waddler Fly from A-tom-mik? Get him on working on it.
  4. Ecarter, The Stinger Stingray NBK was my top producing spoon this season. The Stinger spoons paint jobs don't last but they do catch fish. Other brands like NK's work just as good and last a lot longer.
  5. Some brands, the difference is stiffness of the leader material / line. The leader material is stiffer and the line is less stiff so it does not have as much memory so it works on a spinning reel.
  6. My vote is for an Atlantic. I was up to the Salmon River 2 years ago and caught a bunch of small Atlantics. We also caught small browns. If the pictured showed the tail, it would be a lot easier to tell.
  7. I have run Cannons for years and love them. I have 2 mag 15s and 2 mag 20s on my boat. If I had to buy new ones, I would stick with Cannons. They have been very reliable for me over the years.
  8. Great. More stuff to order.
  9. I use the Gander Mountain 8' leadcore rods. They run around $40.00 and have a 2 year warranty.
  10. You can run 2 dispeys a side. Run one on a 1 setting and the other on a 3 setting. Let the dispey on a 3 (outside rod) out first. Then let the one on a 1 setting (inside rod) out really slow. I put the inside rod in the rod holder a little higher than the outside rod. Another trick I do is pin my dipseys. I use a small stainless screw, lock washer and nut. I drill holes for 1,2,3 settings and then other holes for 1/2, 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2. I have had dipseys change settings and tangle. As for cheaters (sliders), I like running pinned cheaters so I know where they are and can duplicate the set up when the rod goes off.
  11. Oneida Lake, pull the boat and go. All the above are good also.
  12. Don't be afraid of running them longer. I have flies tied up to 32". Some days they took more fish on the longer leads.
  13. FLX, Does your boat have the trailer up button? Mine had an up and down and the trailer button. The guy that owned the boat before me had work done on the shifter and the mechanic did not hook the switch up correctly. I just used the trailer button until my mechanic had other work to do on my boat.
  14. Rob, The screen was like that last time I was out also. Any size to the kings?
  15. Sorry Tom. I would have to buy all new. My wife is already giving me crap because another box showed up on the front steps today from A-tom-mik.
  16. How do you guys store your flies? here is how I store mine. I use 1" clear tubing and cut it at 5" long. I then makes slits in both ends of the tube. I put the fly through the tube and wrap the leader around the tube. You can also label the tubes with a sharpie. The tubes store nicely in a Plano large storage box with no dividers. Here are pictures of my set up.
  17. You can buy Familiar Bite whole baits. I ran them some this August. I did better on flies. I would much rather run flies because it is much easier.
  18. Will it hold up until the season winds down? We will see. Congrats to the Captain and the client. Not suprised that it came on an A-tom-mik fly.
  19. Stealhead4748, Here is what I do- I run 30 lb Seagar Florocarbon leaders for spoons and 50 lb. Seagar Florocarbon leaders for flashers and flies. In my opinion, you don't need snubbers. Some guys run them but I find I lose more fish with them. Keep the drag loose enough so the line clicks out. Use 2 small rubberbands half hitched around the wire and then around the reel to keep it from clicking out. Once the fish hits, the rubberbands will break. You adjust the drag to your liking and fight the fish.
  20. Seasquirrel, Is that the one from Irondequoit Bay?
  21. Both of those fish would of placed high in the LOC derby that ended yesterday. Thats a pretty good weekend if you ask me. Good job.
  22. Selling a Hoppes Clay Pigeon thrower. It is in good shape. I'm asking $25.00. The clay pigeon thrower needs a new screw to hold the trigger or the old one needs to be filed down. I have a set of car ramps. $10.00. They are in good shape. Both items are pick up only.
  23. Hopefully the green water we have seen this August is from the plankton levels on the rise in the lake. With all the bait on the finder today, I would not be suprised if the lake is not turning around big time. We will see. If the DEC says the bait population is down, they are crazy. There was more bait than I have every seen on the lake. Everyone was talking about all the bait on the radio this morning.
×
×
  • Create New...