Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I sold my Ranger and still have the rubber mat bed liner. $20 cash and pickup and it is yours. I also have the Haynes manual for the truck. My truck was a 2000. $10 and pick up for the book. $25.00 and both are yours.
  2. The only thing to do in the winter - Icefish!
  3. Bad habit, I have the Sportpilot plus and had problems with it. It works fine now after 2 trips back to the company. I would go with the Simrad. I have done a lot of reading on this unit and it sounds really good.
  4. I would be upset also. Hopefully it will be fixed for you.
  5. I can sum it up in one word - sucked!!! One stinking bass. The ice is in good shape. Hopefully it will last throught the warm spell.
  6. Little pathces here and there. There are some frozen shin or knee high snow drifts. The ice looks horrible but it was good for the most part. Further North of me it was thin. Someone put sticks in a line across the lake and it looks like it froze there last.
  7. Fished the South end, West side of Honeoye today and the fishing was slow. Iced 2 walleye 15 1/2 and 21 1/2", 2 perch, one slob gill (10 3/4") and a mess of bass. The gill and the perch came on a perch colored jigging rapala in 16 fow. The walleyes and bass came on tip ups rigged with shiners in 13 - 17 FOW. The ice was 3 -6" and half black and the other half white ice. It looks really crappy all over but it is fine. I was cautious this morning and used my spud all the way to my spot.
  8. I have seen large pike do that a lot in Irondequoit and Conesus. I have drove the boat right up to them. Most of the times, they were trying to swallow a large fish. (one had a nice walleye sticking out of its mouth and another a nice largemouth.
  9. Scottb, The ice is really spotty. The ice arund the docks is very dangerous. I walked out there yesterday and found anywhere from 5" - open spots.
  10. $700+. That had to have some huge filets on it. Just think about the contaminents the bioaccumulated in that thing!
  11. I do my part and have tag soup every season. You can't blame me for this one!
  12. Sandy Creek (the one in Hamlin). I have fished all over Lake Ontario and think Sandy is the top port. Awesome brown action from March to September, the kings are there in great numbers from early May to the fall run, Steelies from May to late October, Lakers anytime. The Oak is close but they don't have the laker fishing like we do off of Sandy.
  13. Vexilar Fl 18's are 300 and change. If you get a Vex, make sure you get the S cable for it.
  14. For that shallow, you are better off with an underwater camera.
  15. Yes I was. The ice is a solid 3" of clear ice. The water is low but the fishing was good. The ice is good all the way out to the point. I did not ventue out any further than that. There is one small open spot in front of Buttonwood Creek.
  16. No it always looks that way! :shock:
  17. Nice Mulie!
  18. Nice buck lakertaker!
  19. I have not used the launch in a month. I use a buddies boat that lives on the lake. There was a bass tourney down there over the weekend and people were using it so it should be ok. Also the docks have been out for a while. Hope this helps.
  20. Have fun getting over the boarder. I would rather fish Conesus, Honeoye, Canadice or I-bay. Close to home and awesome fishing.
  21. last night. All of the walleyes in Conesus are that fat. When I cut it open, it's stomach was empty.
  22. These bass were caught drop shoting in 25 fow. Smallies This walleye was caught throwing a stickbait at night from my buddies yard. Walleye
  23. I have a Ready Rig icefishing back pack for sale. It is in good shape and only 1 season on it. I want $25 for it and local pick up only. Here is a link to Cabelas showing the back pack. http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0029904119247a.shtml
×
×
  • Create New...