Thanks Legacy. I just could not trust the new owners coming in at the Newport House. My buddy Jason moved out to Sandy last season and loved it. It will be fun meeting new people and finding new honey holes. At least most of the guys I talked to on the radio at Irondequoit are on this site.
I have a picture of a 31" Atlantic I caught in the LOC in 1997. I will have to scan it and post it. I caught it between Webster Park and Hedges in 8 F.O.W. I will have to find the paper work from the LOC. I can't remember the weight off hand.
Brian Gambell
Used to keep my boat in Irondequoit Bay. I'm now at Sandy Creek Marina. My boat name is Escape. It is a 22' Starcraft. It is tan with a brown canvas. I also work on the "Advocate" as a first mate.
Chris,
This was only my second trip to Canadice. I talked with a bunch of people that told me Canadice is the place for nice lakers. We have made 4 trips and caught all lakers. They seem to average 6 - 8 lbs. We get about 3 - 6 a trip. If we get some bows, I will let you know.
These were caught yesterday jigging on Canadice Lake. I use a 26" medium action ice rod with plastics. They don't fight the greatest in the summer but they sure fight like crazy in the winter! The big one weighed 11lb. 11oz. on my digital scale.
Tried it 2 years ago on Conesus and hooked up with one pike. It was a nice one and it ended up winning the battle. Jigging Rapalas are good. They will also hit tube jigs or flukes. I want to try some of the Salmo lures that In-fisherman talks about.
Hans,
I have the same problem time to time. I can't figure it out. I think it is because my computer is an old P.O.S. If you figure it out let me know what you found.
I have used smelly jelly a lot. I have noticed that it seems to work better on lakers and browns. I don't really think it makes that much difference for kings and steelies.
The alewives will make out better as long as the weather is stable during their spawning. I think the kings will be even bigger than they were last year.