Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I'm not sure. I will ask Eric and let you know. I believe they are steel. I know the cup holder is stainless.
  2. Custom powder coated tool/drink holders. There are two sizes. Large are $175 small are $150. These will fit in standard rod holder tracks. Contact Eric Peter (585)317-0013.
  3. It could have been possible if Lake Erie was colder than Lake Ontario. Without the temp map of Erie from the days prior, we don’t know.
  4. Its more than likely not the Niagara plume. We had NE winds last weekend. NE winds = upwelling. Upwelling in more pronounced when water temps and densities are further apart. Right now the lake temps is not that warm. In August when the water is in the 70's, it doesn't take much to have an upwelling event.
  5. Lots of factors involved. Time of year, How bad it upwelled, ect. Cool downs sometimes fish will be in the same area sometimes they move offshore. A full upwelling, head offshore.
  6. Our intake temp at work is sitting at 47 degrees right now. It was 56 degrees Saturday before the NE wind. Not a full upwelling but temps cooled inside.
  7. Congrats again Mike! It's cool to see the kids getting older and putting in the work!
  8. I ordered an extra vent cover for my camper and need to get rid of the extra. $25.00 local pick up in Hilton NY
  9. If you placed in this past weekends Seneca Lake National Lake Trout Derby with Gambler Rigs product, head over to the Gambler Rigs Facebook page and leave a photo and a story to be entered in to a contest for some free gear!
  10. Lots of small bait a couple weeks back. It’s a great sign!
  11. Rod is in good condition. $25.00 pick up in Hilton NY. I will not ship this rod.
  12. I will not be back down to the boat until next week. I will take some and send them to you.
  13. I just had it done by East Fork Pro Marine in Hamlin NY this spring. Install looked pretty easy. The pain in the butt part was bleeding the air out of the system.
  14. He The chances of finding bloater in a Trout or salmons stomach is next to none when their population is so low.
  15. Bloater are native to the Great Lakes. The feds are all about restoring native species. Restoring native species should be a high priority IF the species are highly successful and it doesn't disrupt the multi-million dollar fishery. Bloater could be a positive for the fishery. Without experimenting, they will not know. Lakers could key in on them and put less pressure on alewife. We all know a diverse diet is healthier for ALL the species in Lake Ontario. It can't hurt to experiment. I would rather see them dump money into a Bloater experiment than expanding the Atlantic program.
  16. I have had great luck with their customer service in the past. My probe quit well after the warranty and I sent it in to have it fixed. It was fixed free of charge!
  17. Speed also depends on the lures of choice. Some spoons troll better on the slower side and some troll better with a little more speed.
  18. It should be plenty but 20lbs will not help with fleas.
  19. Fish the edges (top, sides and bottom) of the bait schools. I run more paddles and meat when there is tons of bait like this. You have to make your rig more attractive when you are a needle in a hay stack!
  20. I will not be out but last week, 90-110 was the best water all week!
  21. I just put a Raymarine Evo 150 on my 245 Contender with an I/O, 9.9 honda kicker and hydraulic steering. I believe the EVO 200 is for Inboards and the 100 is for Outboards. The unit worked flawless trolling into 3' waves last week with the kicker.
  22. Look for a slightly used X4. There are some out there that guys bought and now are upgrading to the X4D.
×
×
  • Create New...