Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Thanks Bill! It’s a lot of work but worth the effort every year.
  2. Sold pending payment.
  3. Used but in great shape Cannon Downrigger rod holder. $27.00 shipped to the lower 48 or $20.00 local pick up in Hilton NY.
  4. Another shootout in the books. Congratulations to Blue Collar Sports on their win yesterday!
  5. Great rigger to run braid on for cable too!
  6. I am selling 2 used but in good condition Cannon Digitroll 5 electric downriggers. They will come with the extra rod holder (one on each side), extendable booms, swivel bases, and mounting hardware. I'm only selling them because I am upgrading to Cannon Optimum riggers. $375 each or $700 for both. local pick up in Hilton or Sandy Creek. The riggers will be available Saturday after the Sandy Creek Shootout.
  7. It would cost a couple hundred bucks to put a temporary deck on top of what is there to get parts of the docks above water. I'm willing to bet, people would donate time and money if they would give the OK.
  8. Here come the excuses...... Not enough staff, not in the budget, no time......
  9. I called it. B*tching always ruins it….
  10. This all depends on the time of the year. I can say this, all three times we have won the Sandy Creek Shootout, we fished the creek to the Nose. That being said, its a time of the year thing. That period in the summer, that area holds tons of kings. Fast forward to the end of August, the kings are more prevalent Wautoma and East on the structure..
  11. I ordered a cheap android tablet off amazon for $86.00 shipped to my door. Works awesome. If you want a link, let me know and I can PM it to you.
  12. If someone b*tches about it, I bet gate will be locked and no one will be using.
  13. It’s slated to be revamped. You are lucky it’s even open. Last time it flooded, it was closed until the water was above the docks. They aren’t going to put money into it when it’s going to get totally revamped soon.
  14. Congrats Chad! We picked up our lab pup Saturday. Let the chaos begin!
  15. There were 4 of us Down east brown fishing.
  16. Shipping on the great lakes should be footing the bill for every invasive that has affected the environment in the great lakes. Oil companies have a spill, they pay millions. Shipping companies cause just as much damage with introduction of invasives and they walk away Scott free......
  17. I purchased one of these systems this spring. I highly recommend this system. What you thought your divers are running at has been wrong all along. Great deal! If I didn't already have the system, I would be buying this.
  18. I kayak all the ponds and Braddocks. It is amazing how fast the water chestnut are taking over all the ponds and the bay. It's horrible.
  19. They are not burbot. They live in cold water.
  20. 60 on top yesterday and 49 down 90. Fish the marks and you will have no issues.
  21. Head west of the nose in 95-120. Lots of kings in that zone. All meat bite for us. Spoons rotted.
  22. Monroe County Offshore Classic Species Challenge and main event recap: Friday morning we left the creek in search of a brown for our box first. We dropped in West of the creek in 30’. We got the second rod down and the first rod fired with a 5lb brown. We decided to try to hang out a little while longer and try to upgrade that fish. A couple minutes later, the center rigger parked at 28’ with a Black UV tuxedo stingray took off with a nice 7-8 lb brown. We turned the boat north and charged the spread over to a king/steelhead spread. We troll North and trolled out to 250 and picked a decent steelhead and some small kings. We trolled back into 120 and headed West. Once we got West of Devils Nose, the screens lit up with fish. We boxed a 10lb king and continued searching. As we plugged West, we were marking some good lakers. Scott and I agreed we should drop a Hammerhead Froggy cowbell with a bullfrog Gambler Rig down and try to pluck a laker while we are trolling for a bigger king. I dropped the rig to the bottom and as it got set, the port rigger fired with an upgrade steelhead. As we caught that steelhead, the center rigger fired with a laker taking drag. After a good battle, we netted a 21.8lb lake trout. We pulled the laker rod out of the spread and went back to searching for a bigger king. Around 11 am, we boated a 16lbs king. We ended up upgrading our second steelhead with one a half pound bigger. Going to weigh in, we felt confident we were sitting in a great position to cash a check. At weigh in, we placed 2nd for the second time in three years. Congrats to Derek Wager with his winning box! Main event: Saturday morning we headed back to our water West of the nose. We set down in 95’ and the screen was blank. We bumped out to 115 and started marking fish. We plucked away at fish all morning but couldn’t keep bigger fish buttoned. At one point we lost 7 good fish in a row. Having a **** box, we decided to not weigh in. Congrats to Tom Allen and his crew on an impressive win. Thanks to Tim and Brandon for all the hard work you put into this event. Here is what worked best for us for two days: -Atommik UV Grinch meat rig - with a matching e-chip I made. -Hawks Tackle snowflake meat rig with the matching paddle. -Hawks Tackle UV green dot meat rig behind a green dot e-chip -Hammerhead Froggy 5/0 cowbell towing a Bullfrog regular Gambler Rig -Stinger Stingray UV black tuxedo -Stinger Stingray Froggy glow
×
×
  • Create New...