Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I started Gambler Rigs to give guys quality fish catching laker gear and to support my fishing habit without taking money out of my 9-5 paycheck (keeps the wife happy). I purchased a Smart Troll 2 system because minor details can make or break a day. Now, the guessing is gone and I can dial my spread in perfectly. I plan on purchasing six probes total. They are pricey but worth the investment IMO.
  2. I already ordered two more probes. Thanks for the offer. You have already been very helpful since I ordered your product. So far it’s been awesome (except losing a probe! 🤣).
  3. Fished 70-110 all day and crushed the kings once again. 20-65 down were the most consistent depths. Meat, Hawks Tackle Electric Funeral spoon and a froggy glow stinger stingray were the top producers. Now for the crazy story. We had a diver out 150' with a brand new Smart Troll 2 probe, paddle, meat rig and a fake meat strip on it. We didn't notice the wire was around the tip of the roller rod. A big king hit and immediately cut the wire off losing the entire set up. We watched the depth change as the fish swam away. 3 hours later, the probe started reading again 50' down! We watched for a couple minutes and all the sudden the fish dove to 84' down as we went by!
  4. All 9 kings I cut up Saturday were loaded with alewife of all sizes (2" up to 7"). All were fat and healthy looking. The ones from last year at this time didn't look as healthy.
  5. Used but in great condition Delta wood planer. $250 pick up in Hilton NY.
  6. I saw one dead alewife yesterday while trolling. Nothing like last year at this time.
  7. Sold pending payment
  8. The day it is no longer fun, I will sell all my stuff. I love fishing trout and salmon just as much now as I did in 1984 when I was 5 years old.
  9. It is really amazing how many boats refuse to fish anything but kings. I love the challenge of targeting each species individually. There have been 3 years in the past 8 seasons we tried to get a species on the final leaderboard in each division and was one away. Sometimes you have to do things like this to challenge yourself to keep it fun. 2018 - 1 king, 2 browns, 2 lakers 2020 - 1 king, 1 brown, 1 steelhead 2023 - 1 steelhead, 1 brown, 1 laker.
  10. Good luck with that! Kings are the premier target on the lake. They draw the most participants. With participation down, prize money isn't going anywhere but down.
  11. We were East of the pack and it was a blood bath. Tons of kings from 8-16lbs, lakers to 17 and change, 2 browns (both caught in 95’) and a big steelhead. Hawks tackle Electric Funeral mag was on fire for us.
  12. We have caught 9 skips in two trips so far. They are around.
  13. I have 5 used but in good shape flasher file storage boxes. $12.50 each. Pick up in Hilton or Hamlin.
  14. I have a large Ranger rubber net up for free. I'm not sure of the hoop size but its big and has a long handle. It's well used but in decent condition. Pickup in Hilton or Hamlin NY. There is a pic of the model below.
  15. I have two big jon multiset double rod holders for sale. $150 each or both for $250. 00. Local pick up in Hilton / Hamlin or Greece or I will ship at buyers expense. I will add a photo tonight after I take them off the boat.
  16. The fines in NY are a joke. They will get a light slap on the wrist.......
  17. Come on Isaac! Golf is for people that don't fish!
  18. If you find king trolling boring, there is always golf!
  19. Probably. When 2 year olds are all we are catching, they are going to get depleted. When a lot of two year olds spawn, that is even less that make it to 3.
×
×
  • Create New...