Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Someone finally weighed a king over 20 in. Thank god. This would have been horrible for the LOC if zero kings were weighed in.
  2. Huge class of 2 year olds and possibly a small class of three year olds. Reminds me of 2024. This is the ups and downs of relying on natural reproduction........ I think the three year olds will show up once we get some stable weather but it still looks like a weak class of three year olds.
  3. Me too Bill. The grand prize $$$ keeps me coming back. I would kick myself if I didn't enter and have my guys enter and caught that grand prize fish.
  4. Let's not forget the one big thing that turns a lot of guys off to the LOC....... Dave Chilson has made a ton of changes that turned people off over the last 10-15 years. No lakers in the fall, no steelhead in the spring, walleye division and now not a walleye division, can't hold fish over until the next day, weigh stations are not open late, salmon can only win the grand prize (this one could put a ton of $$$ back in Daves pocket this year) and prize structure changes. This sport is expensive as hell. Most can't afford all the must haves in the economy we have had since covid. Weather has also been a huge issue this spring.
  5. I'll take it Dave.
  6. One left. Price reduced to $100.00.
  7. The over stocking of Lake Trout by the Michigan DNR is causing more damage to the alewife population than natural reproduction of kings.........
  8. The St. Catherines fish and game derby is being led by a 23 and change king. I think we are just seeing a huge class of 2 year olds.
  9. Nice one Bill. I would have put the knife to it. They taste really good!
  10. Seemed like all two year olds. Seems like a big class of them this year.
  11. Do you have venmo?
  12. He wouldn't let me bring them in the boat.......... Boats are supposed to get dirty!
  13. Three chinook divers and four Big Jon mini disks. $30 pick up in Hilton or $40.00 shipped to your door in the lower 48.
  14. Right now, lakers can be found anywhere. Year round they hang on Wautoma shoals East of Sandy. They will be found in the shallows on occasion but the majority of them are deeper along the bottom. This is what Wautoma looks like on a normal day.
  15. BW customs in Sodus might. Check with them.
  16. Another planner rod added and a deal if all three are bought together.
  17. Very cool!
  18. I'm not sure who owns it. A member here was the one that originally bought the boat after Sam passed. His name was Bob. I'm not sure if he still owns it. It is at West Point Marina on Braddock Bay in the boat yard. You can't miss it. I'll swing by on my way home from work and see if there is a phone number on the for sale sign.
  19. NIck, I don't know if you were aware, Sam's old boat is for sale at West Point marina.
  20. Looks like I will be buying a duck stamp again! Lets hope it goes through!
  21. This has to affect spawning of walleye, smelt, steelhead and some other species.
  22. It is complete BS. It is not pulled when it is supposed to be. How many years have passed and the ice melted before the boom was even pulled. Too many.
×
×
  • Create New...