Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. It is BS that the boom was not removed on time. It seems every year this is happening........
  2. 8'6" Rigger rod is sold. The 2 planner board rods are left.
  3. For sure. My nephew is a prime example.
  4. Life is short. Go fishing AND go to lunch afterwords! Time with friends and family is worth it. An extra $30 is nothing compared to a trip to the tackle shop.
  5. I have three used but in good condition Daiwa Heartland 8'0" medium action rods for sale. $25.00 each or $65.00 for all three. Pick up in Hilton or I can meet you by my work in Greece (Dewey /Latta) are or Hamlin near my boat).
  6. If the less wind troll saves gas but catches less fish, I'll spend more money in gas. I laker fish in the direction they bite best then pick up and run back. It burns more gas but it produces way more fish. If you are out there to catch fish, $20 in gas shouldn't be that detrimental.
  7. They changed the value. Must have been a typo that someone corrected. When I looked the other day, the flow was decreasing. Now it is increasing.
  8. Keith, 1.8% of the power produced in NYS according to the NYISO.
  9. It will not change a thing for me. Thank god for my 9,9 Honda.
  10. When the Ottawa floods, the cut back the outflow on the St. Lawrence. It screws lake front homeowners but saves Montreal.
  11. They cut back the outflow on Monday. I would suspect they will cut back more with the rainfall on the Ottawa River system yesterday. Get ready for some water!
  12. FIshUSA stealth core is what we are talking about. Its black, and red. It changes every 30'. I used Suffix and wasn't thrilled with it.
  13. If my memory is correct, they have three plants that can take roughly 500 million gallons per day from Lake Ontario.
  14. 27# FishUSA leadcore like Scott suggested.
  15. I'm for it. Pike populations continue to decline in parts of NY. I think dropping the creel to 3 from 5 would be a good start too.
  16. They have the permit. When they have these releases, they get fined. I read about a big release last year and they didn't notify the Maid of the Mist in time and a run was made up there. Yuck!
  17. Every utility or business that has an outfall that returns water to the lake has to have a SPDES permit. The water returning to the lake has to be very clean and levels are strictly enforced.
  18. My kid will take all of them.
  19. It’s coming up at a good pace. Let’s hope it continues. The IJC released a statement the other day saying due to March precipitation and snow pack they expect the lake to be slightly above average. Slightly above average in the past to the IJC means start filling g sand bags!
  20. You know guys will be crafty to circumvent the system. They will just need to think outside the box!
  21. Perch and alewife populations fluctuate with Alewife populations. When alewife biomass is high, perch and walleye populations are low. Seeing that we have a large biomass of alewife, perch and walleye populations are more than likely low.
  22. I have mixed feelings on parts of this. What is going to stop someone from just filling out a doe tag and reporting it just to get their second buck tag? I have heard rumors the DEC is going to make you keep the doe head. If that is the case, roadkill doe are going to be missing their heads. Opening up some DMU's for unlimited doe tags will let guys that want to kill doe, kill doe. Being able to kill two bucks in bow is great until your neighbor on a kills two mature bucks.
  23. We take 55 million gallons a day from Lake Ontario with one plant and another 10 million gallons with another plant on average. Our two plant capacity is 190 million gallons a day. It's a drop in the bucket when Lake Ontario is trillions of gallons of water. With the water being used, water is also being treated at wastewater plants and put back into Lake Ontario.
×
×
  • Create New...