Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. I've used these a bunch and they really don't slide down much at all. The rubber pinched around the line keeps them pretty pinned. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  2. What is a good all purpose fertilizer to throw on? Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  3. Wolcott Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  4. You will not catch squat trolling at night unless the eyes of the fish can see at night. Any fish with that glossy look in their eye can see at night. You may catch an occasional fish, but it's mostly a waste of time with most species. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  5. White trash scumbags Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  6. Yep, it felt great to unwind the last couple weeks moving stands, planting some pear trees and doing my plot. Btw, my logging roads are planted with white Dutch clover and is doing great where there is sufficient sun. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  7. Btw, I'm leaving all the stumps in the plot. Deer are killing the shoots that come up around the bases. Remember, it doesn't have to look pretty, just be productive. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  8. . These are pre planting pics of a spot I cleared out in the hardwoods. I planted a mix I can't remember, but it didn't come up well with the dry year and lack of sun. I cut down about 7 trees for more light, harrow dragged it and plated a clover mix with biologic last bite. It's staring to come up with little rain. The rain we got overnight should boom it. I have a ton of deer pics in this spot all summer even before my second planting. I'll get pics after it comes up soon. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  9. Hey buddy, not the brand, I'm just talking about deer food plots in general. Good to know about your observations. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  10. Tips, ideas, reviews, pictures, in the hardwoods, open fields or any other discussions about food plots. It's a big topic the last 5-10 years and it would be great to share some info. I'll put some pics up and get you some details about mine soon. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  11. Go somewhere else. They are in full gear working on the inlet. Rock wall now extends from the east point to about 1/2 across. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  12. Yup, those are some lofty #'s!!! I have the Rainbow at 22.12#. wish I took Paul's advise on a 8-9# bow we got about 2 weeks ago in 50 fow out front of the creek. I never seen so much beautiful color on a lake fish like this one. I still creme myself thinking about it!😅Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  13. All my salmon stuff is home now and I'm pretty sure I could put a package of spoons, flashers, flies, tackle box.......other stuff maybe. I'm in Webster Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  14. Well, I guess I'm in that 10% that think deer move less when it's calm and more when theirs a decent wind. If it's calm they can't use their nose, so they aren't going far. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  15. Call him a "flasher/squid" rig..Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  16. Most days I'm out I see times when divers are going, then riggers or vise versa. Some days are riggers mostly or divers. It's weird, but their is a reason for it. I'll lengthen my riggers when divers are going and Nada. I don't try figuring it out anymore, I just roll with it. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  17. Most any hook from VMC not a Spark point are dull. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  18. Country max is half price now. 1 year guarantee. Tractor supply will be awhile yet. They just got a fresh shipment Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  19. I don't think it's the Genny. Look at the start of that hill on the left side. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  20. Yup, just planted 3 on mine. Going to get more when they go 1/2 price.Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  21. It's no shock. Summer derby may be the only option in the central basin. Lakers gone in the fall derby, bows gone in the spring and all that money going into the salmon division which is dominated on the west in the spring and the east in the fall. Not good odds if you ask me. This is why I don't push the derby anymore with my people. I ask, but don't push it.Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  22. The exact reason I can't stand hunting shows. I'll check out the you tube show. Thanks! Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  23. Sam Zucco of Dream Catcher Charters is in the Genesee River, Rochester. He may still be in the water at that date. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  24. Yup, you get 6 guys on 240 acres and can hunt anything and all that you want. It's a no brainier "yes" if you had the guys. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
  25. Other than late June into July, it's sucked. If we didn't have that awesome 5 weeks of Salmon fishing, it would have gone in the books as the worst ever. Thank God for Lake Trout, but man that is getting old the last few years. Maybe I should move to Canada with Whoopie Goldberg when Trump wins.....lol. They rocked it this year. Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters
×
×
  • Create New...