Another banger of a story!!

Went out this morning out of I Bay headed East. Picked up 1 small king and 1 coho first 30 min both on sticks 20 fow. Was actually wicked cold out there this a.m. like burrrrr cold. Around 830am me and my buddy were both kinda over the cold so we decided we were gonna call it a day soon. I Had a 10.5ft Gary Loomis Edge Black Widow Spinning rod paired with a Shimano Stradic 4000xg with me that I use on the piers for casting, lined with 20lb maxcuatro and a Seaguar Blue 20lb leader... I was runnin a deep diving stick in Seasick pattern. I literally sat down in the passenger seat, and dropped that stick right in propwash and let out about 60-75ft of line. Not 10min later, rod butt in my lap and daydreaming about chrome kings doesn't that stick get absolutely DEMOLISHED by one of the biggest spring kings I've ever seen in person. Low 20's judging by the tail that I couldn't get my hand around. Had me almost to my backing so probably peeled off around 225yards or so. Probably the best fight I've ever been in with a fish (that i landed), and on my spinning rod in open water just everything about the whole experience was absolutely amazing. Released the fish afterwards and swam off like nothing 20230425_090031(0).thumb.jpg.99fef4c6d1a85b25a9c188e841b70c15.jpghappened. Cold water spring kings, is there anything better??!!! Tight lines!!!

• Like 15