Over 40 years fishing the Wilson area in the Spring 30 of it with great friend Gratson and his son new Capt Collin, and daughter Meg. Friday was a 30 bite start, Saturday we went looking for bigger fish and the bite was slower from 300 feet into the shallower depths. Everything from Kings, Coho’s, Lakers and an Atlantic salmon taken 100 foot down in cold water. Spoons flies and meat all took fish.

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_7010.jpeg

IMG_0471.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

Edited by King Davy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember docking next to you and Gratson for a few years. Miss those days. Bigger boat now doesn’t allow me to travel around the lake like we used to. I learned a lot from our conversations. Your talent as a lake guy is way under rated compared to your trib fame. I see there are a lot of 2 year olds as expected. 

• Like 1

Yeah old Marge is passed and her sons haven’t kept up the Marina. So we dock next door. I started trolling the lake in 1971, started guiding in 1979 through 2001. We didn’t have all this social media stuff back in those days. My only claim to fame back in the day was writing for the original Great Lakes fishermen mag on their staff. We generated lots of great information on catching trout and salmon in the Great Lakes.

The fish are still in the same places, and Gratson and I still laugh all day long and catch fish.

Edited by King Davy