Down speed and temp

So my new to me boat came with a Cannon Speed and Temp . Worked great and now it doesn't . I played with it a while and I'm done with it . 

I had an X4 on my old boat and liked it , $ 1100 new . 

My Cannon Speed and Temp has depth raider technology . It worked , I was happy with it . 550$ new . Half the price . 

I'm torn , any thoughts , and where can I get one ? 

What I am looking for is down speed and temp . I don't care how I get it . I had an X4 and liked it , I have a Cannon Speed and Temp and when it worked I liked it . 

I have read on here problems with Fish Hawk probes . 400$ + replacement . 11Oo for  new unit . 

Depth Raider is 600 , replacement probe 275 . I have heard of no problems with their probes . 

So from a value perspective , the depth raider sounds like the best bang for my fishing buck . 

I have talked to people who have owned both and good things . 

I too went through the Cannon Speed and Temp probe failures....very frustrating as it worked great went integrated with Cannonlink and Humminbird unit.....when it worked.

I now have both the Depth Raider DRx-10 and the Fish Hawk X4D, I use the Depth Raider as my primary because of faster updates (seconds vs a minute+) and deeper readings (~175ft with wet towel hack).   The only time I use the X4D is when I want to know probe depth or I want to track temp simultaneous at multiple depths (the X4D will need to be the shallower probe).  I have made the cable issue more manageable by loading 400ft of coated cable and replacing the last 20-30ft as needed (once a year at most).  Still using the same spool from 5 years ago, and expect to get a couple more years out of it.

Your coated cable from the Cannon Speed and Temp should work with the Depth Raider.  The DRx-10 can be purchased from several retailers (Tackle Haven,  for about $500.  

• Thanks 1