Fishmaster 196 trolling motor question

dickey

50 minutes ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

I have a 80lb that I use with my 9.9 for trolling.  It lasts 6 to 8 hrs of trolling when set on 3.5 to 4.  For bass fishing it should last all day.

Do you use it with the 9.9 to help with speed, direction or both when trolling? I have never used anything other then the 9.9 for trolling. Once in a while I will turn big motor on if rough and 9.9 needs some help turning into a wave and shut it back off. Would like to learn about using trolling motor along with kicker for trolling. Thanks in advance! 

Be careful putting the weight of 3 lead acid batteries and a trolling motor in the bow of that rig. It will affect the bow lift/ride. This hull design was constructed 20+ years ago, and these trolling motor options weren't "a thing." If you want to go 36v to take advantage of the run time and thrust I'd suggest going with 1 36v Lithium, or 2 in parallel, to run a 36v trolling motor. I also have 24v lithium options as well to keep weight down. Lithium batteries aren't cheap, but they have a longer life expectancy, and offer better power throughout the a charge.

I have a fishmaster 210 and purchased a 36V Terrova 72" shaft and running one single 36V Lithium battery. No way i was cramming 3 12V heavy lead acid batteries in the front. The battery lasts more than a day when running in heavy wind. Look around and research I pain 850.00 for a 36V 80AH Lithium battery makes sure its lifepo4 made by RJ Lithium from China with bluetooth..RJ produces a majority of the lithium batteries in the US just with a different name. You can spend hundreds more for the same battery. My battery works flawlessly going on 2 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 80/24v. Currently have two lead acids but am going lithium for weight. Works fine for trolling with the 9.9 for direction, and for speed changes on calm days. 72” is a must. 

• 2 months later...