We gave it a go this morning for the few hours we had before mother nature began to blow! We ran a tad bit West of Wilson and set up in 160fow. It didn't take long to hook up! The first fish took the wire diver at 325 pulling that deadly Wonderbread Spinny/A-TOM-MIK Hammer fly. While we were battling that fish the 600 copper took a whack. That fish was on and off after a little run. We would pick away at them for about 4 hours not waiting more than 10-15 minutes in between bites. Same program as last week. Divers out past 300, riggers well below 100, and our 600 copper. Word has it some fish were coming up higher today, but our program was working so we didn't change it. Our largest fish today was around 17 pounds with most fish being between 8 and 14 pounds. Paddles that worked were the Wonderbread Spinny, White Double Crush Glow SmartFish with Green dots, and a White on White Double Crush Glow SmartFish. The flys were A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow, Hammer, Hammer Glow, and Green Hammer. I got my girlfriend her first Salmon! She did a great job fighting it even in those nasty Easterly rollers.

img237.jpg

img239.jpg

img246.jpg

Yankee; Ive been keeping up on reading various reports and noticed that divers out past 300 have been a decent program for several anglers. Is that common for this time of year? In past years when I have visted lake O (late July early Aug) our divers are usually parked 125-160 back.

Raider - fishing is never normal! LOL It isn't uncommon, but you can get away with the higher stuff now. Last week the higher stuff wasn't as active. This week I hear it was. However, I was stuck on last weeks pattern, so I didn't change it.

Bobs boy - she is for now! We'll c if she can with stand the fishing and hunting. I know I'm not changing anything!