My daughter and I went; started at 5:40 out in 110 FOW.  Before I got the second line set, we had a shaker.  I finally got all six lines in by myself (my daughter only reels them in).  We had a knock off from one of the riggers so I started setting that one up again and our flasher/fly combo went from 167 to about 250.  My daughter had the rod and started the fight from there.  A few minutes later and the fish was at 280 (goin the wrong way).  I was hoping having her come out would help in the LOC.  She got the fish in 22 minutes later. Nice fish and fight but only a 18 pound 2 ounce fish (not LOC material).  I set the flasher/fly out and told my daughter to bring in the planer board and ten core (it picked up a shaker while she was fighting her fish).  My daughter then took a nap as I got us back to shallower ground (I did a poor job paying attention while she was fighting her fish). While she slept, I had a knock of on the meat rig (pulled it in and the meat head was cracked).  I checked all lines and changed some spoon colors.  Took a while before our next fish came on the rigger (while fighting this fish, our inline planer released at some point).  Once she got the fish in from the rigger, we noticed the planner board had released (nothing on the line).  I slowly started the process of taking one line in to call it a day and started organizing the boat.  Then, our last fish. The dipsy and the flasher/fly again.  The pictures are in the order  they were caught.  All were revived and released (hopefully they will make it). It was a nice day to spend in some rain with my daughter.

IMG_2159.thumb.jpg.3a03209d126ea20f02232db8753eb7bb.jpg  

IMG_2160.thumb.jpg.c8a21113b0149d3edbd9e6fbe729e8b2.jpg  

IMG_2162.thumb.jpg.9c48f2a13807f9f4e340695ae6e821f6.jpg

Edited by Hillside
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice going John. Great way to spend time with your daughter. My youngest used to go with me too but now she is in LA so those times are gone....Enjoy it while ya can bud.

• Thanks 1