Seas laid down yesterday afternoon, more than enough to take my boat out to 500-600 FOW.  Unfortunately I couldn't find fish, but it looked like most of the charter boats did.  Not too many people inside and there was a definite scum line out around 350 FOW that moved inshore through the day.  Found temps down around 120-130 feet and I did mark some small bait balls and a few fish here and there, but nothing to write home about. Probably my last trip up this summer. I need bigger weights, I'm running 12lbs, but I was getting ~40-50 ft of blowback making the fish hawk almost unusable.

Went out mid morning until 4:00Pm out of Fair Haven and trolled towards Oswego.  Certainly knew we would have to get out far enough to try to find something other than bath water.  Same, temp break down anywhere from 120-140 on the wire.  Deep Temps coupled with residual swells made speed management very tough.  best i could tell the current was doing some crazy stuff down there.  Managed a 8lb King and an 8lb rainbow.  King on diver with Flasher and Fly (NBK and bullfrog fly) back 320' on 1 setting.  Bow on rigger 110' with Half Hulk spoon. 

Screen showed all sorts of life below the temp break...just could not get them to eat.  

Riding the waves beat riding the couch...or mowing the lawn.  Good luck out there...heres to hoping temp comes back into a fishable range for the smaller boat guys

• Like 1

Fished Wednesday August 23. Went 5 for 8, nothing over 15#. Temp was down 110' so with blow back the 130' rigger was our best performer with the Carbon 14 spoon. F/F also worked as did one dipsey set back 350' on a #3 setting. Good luck to everyone fishing the LOC derby!

Fished yesterday. Found cold water down 45-50 feet. Trolled from 60 fow to 450 fow. Lumpy (waves 2-3') almost all morning. Managed a nice Steelie and 3 Kings...no size to them. Fish marks were scarce. Hopefully conditions will stabilize this week.

3/5 yesterday afternoon before the storms chased us off, lost a decent fish about 20ft behind the boat. Fished 120 to 180, temps down around 110. Bigger hen pushing 20lbs came on a DR spoon parked in 52F, two that came unbuttoned hit a DR FF parked in 48F. Smallish steelhead on a DR spoon. A buck on a deeper diver FF on 1 1/2 out 225. 

All fish came on a SW troll. No hits any other direction.