Lost flasher and meat rig - Crazy story!

We were fishing the Sandy Creek Shootout today and the riggers slowed way down late morning.  I pulled the Starboard rigger and there was nothing on the rod.  I hit the rigger up and something wasn’t right.  The rigger hit 25’ and an 11 inch green pro troll was tangled in our rigger cable.  I look behind it and there is a meat rig with a 12lb king in tow!   The meat rig had three different colored hand tied teasers and a white meat head.  Here is a picture of the tangle and the paddle. The paddle had crushed glow tape on it but it was in horrible condition.  

041394D2-0C2C-4868-9FAF-61C9F3CF2F24.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

What was the state of health of the king?  By the look of things, that flasher was dragging bottom for awhile. He probably got into your spread to take a look and got the rig snagged. Better to be lucky than good. 

10 hours ago, Gill-T said:

What was the state of health of the king?  By the look of things, that flasher was dragging bottom for awhile. He probably got into your spread to take a look and got the rig snagged. Better to be lucky than good. 

It was spent.  He didn’t revive so he went in the box.  When I cut him up, he had bruising on his left side.  

For a moment I thought you may have my paddle. 

I took out a couple new guys this past weekend. There are two kings swimming around with my paddles and hand my hand tied meat rigs. One is a 10” Mountain Dew spindoctor and the other is a glow green jeans. 

bottom line new guys who fish saltwater can not tie knots on one rig and had the main line all tangled around the release and cable on the other. In their defense it was a little bumpy for them.