Electric Victrolas

5 minutes ago, jackrabbit14612 said:

I grew up on Canandaigua Lake using a victrola pulling copper and a Seth green rig.  The good old days .

...same here, third-generation trolling rigs and pulling copper, the routine since I was 5 on Cayuga (now I mostly jig), but definitely great memories!  

17 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

I have an old victrola rig of my dads from the finger lakes. I believe it’s from the late 50-60s. Has monel line on it and still works. Used it in Keuka and Seneca’s

Same here Kevin, I have collected a few victrolas over the years, but my go-to was always my grandfather's.  Twisted copper and a twin minnow usually.

• 3 weeks later...

Its amazing how our fishing history's are all the same ! Thanks Grand Dad. Thank god for Seth Green ! My Right arm would look like POP Eyes otherwise. God bless the electric down rigger. I 'm  lazy.

Kevin Yep.  I Used to go Pike fishin every year with the Snyder Brothers out of A bay .Go to Blues in the Bay every year( except this yr. bad knee).Fish salmon river,black river,sandy creek North and south. I'm in Farmington on 96. You got to look at the lake all day in school ! Hey, Where'd ya catch them Wallies?

Last Time I fish in & around Alex Bay I was in back channel to left of Edgewood and almost got run over by Canandian tour boats. Them Basterxxxx don" stop for no body .I was in American water, what gives them the right? must be some Maritime I is bigger than yous. haha