Special experiences on the water while fishing

rolmops

3 hours ago, fisherdude said:

I was camping at stoney creek private Campground. They lake roaring and a group of us wanted to fish . The  senior guy at the place said we can go to dexter and fish the black river so 6 of load up with a bucket of worms . While drifting fishing one of the girls caught an eel . When it came to the boat the old timer held the line up with eel twisting and twirling around off the side of the boat  he took his cigar that he was smoking and started stuffing ashes in the eels mouth. I said what's that going to do said it would spit the hook sure enough it did .we must have caught a dozen of those eels that day everyone was released by cigar ashes

I am pretty sure there is an anti-smoking campaign commercial opportunity with that scene depiction. 

This memory still bothers me. I am fishing for lakers on Lake of the Woods. It’s a blue bird day with only one solitary black cloud far off in the sky. There is lightning being sent straight down from it. It’s coming closer , straight at me. I start to feel a bit of a headache. The water seems to change colour to a gray green. The lightning is coming closer, too close, so I decide to flee. The cloud followed me all the way home (a couple of miles) spitting lightning and then it just disappeared.

It was an American Eel Pete. I know lampreys are a delicacy in Europe.....they can have them!  :lol: I must admit I do like seeing them though with their heads off:lol:

Edited by Sk8man