Rochester Jerk Fishing May 24th 2009

What a great day on the water, but then they all are. Left I-bay just a bit past 0' dark thirty and ran west to the 37 bar. Nice mixed bag of Kings and Bows and a chicken.

Shawn22King1.jpg

This King was 22+ pounds and taken of the rigger. We were fishing the riggers in the 50 to 75 down when I saw a few big hooks down deeper. Told Shawn "fishdudeforlife" to drop em down deep....Shawn parked a rigger 110' down and no sooner did he turn his back that rod fired with the above King on it!! She did a nice 300' mono run before Shawn put the brakes on her and started the 410' plus retrieve back to the boat .

Uncle Bill landed this Bow. Bow hit the main line in the prop wash while snapping on a fixed cheater, SURPRISE!!

UncleBillBow1.jpg

The chicken was caught when we decided to go in a bit and check the inside waters. Trolled into 110 fow water with the divers out 300'. Divers scraping bottom and hitting on occasion when the chicken ate the corn, spin doctor-fly. Nice 15 lb fish. Revived her of the side of the boat let her go and straight to the bottom she swam.

The program that was working for us today. Two riggers fished from 60 to 125 down, Wire divers set 300' +, port otter boat 300' copper, starboard otter boat mono and sticks/spoons with 1/2oz weight

Mark

Nice report...

Bet it sure was nice to have a rigger take off screaming.

Over our way its been 99% surface action .

Quality bows ,occasional king in the top 30FOW......

Flat water,overcast,perfict temp.fishbiteing,Life could not be better!!!!

Great report Mark. That 22 is NICE! What did she hit?

Thanks for the comeback on 08.

We ended up 2 for 2 in a little over an hour. Cut it short when the 1 o'clock chop started.

When I was describing the 'Sister Sledge' I forgot that some manufacturers call it a 'Carmel Dolphin'. I posted a pic for you in Tackle Descriptions anyway.

Talk to you next time,

Jeff

JAM

Stix;

yes cant wait till they, Kings, show up in numbers....I love a mono rod king fight off a rigger only second to a big steelhead of a rigger..

Jeff;

Your welcome I saw the pick of the spoon you posted and I dont have any :( Time to go shopping again!!

Give me a call on 8 next time your out and hear me.. we can exchange info. What where and with what ;)

Ohh I almost forgot the King came on a Mag GLOW watermelon.