Dielectric grease?

Early last winter I installed a new garmin combo FF/chartplotter on my little boat. It has a housing or deck that stays on the boat and the unit snaps into the housing for use. The power and sonar cables are left connected. Both cables have o rings and the many pinned connection that fits into the unit when I snap it in has a rubber cap. I tow this boat uncovered in all kinds of weather so my question is should I coat all these connections with dielectric grease? Good idea or bad idea?

Edited by spoonfed-1

Good idea. The dielectric grease will keep the contacts from corroding yet will not affect the electrical continuity of the circuits.  Keep protective caps on exposed plugs/sockets so dust & dirt don't stick to the grease.

I don't know if it's a good or bad idea. I have the identical electronics, in a small aluminum boat that I use all winter long (whenever we have open water), and I have had excellent results for 4 years without grease..... I just remove the unit from the boat and cover up the bracket connector with the rubber boot whenever trailering.