Found out my Lowrance Hook 7 Triple shot came with a Navionics card that has no overlays in it. Navionics doesn't support the older cards so I have a $700 door stop.

Unless someone has an older card, I would need a Navionics Card MSD/SD US East  , hope to hear from someone with better news than Lowrance or Navionics had.

I may have what you need.

Just pulled it out of my 2014 Humminbird 898 that I replaced with a Helix 9.

It is msd/prem-e6. I also have the thumb drive with the data on it. Also have the original box and documentation.

$25

In that case they are suppose to send tou one at half the cost, they call that: Update and if you look on the website you will see the Navionics Update it will be a newer car of 16 or 32gig caopacity

22 hours ago, leadcore troller said:

Found out my Lowrance Hook 7 Triple shot came with a Navionics card that has no overlays in it. Navionics doesn't support the older cards so I have a $700 door stop.

Unless someone has an older card, I would need a Navionics Card MSD/SD US East  , hope to hear from someone with better news than Lowrance or Navionics had.

I'll post this up on my local MA fishing site and see if anybody can help you out. What year is the unit?

Posted (edited)

i bought the unit in 2018, thanks for the help.

A card at half price won't matter, none of their software will work with the unit, they no longer support the Lowrance Hook 7. They have zero, no software that could possibly work. No cards, nothing.

Bottom line is I have a $700 door stop

Last Lowrance product I will ever buy.

Edited by leadcore troller

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, leadcore troller said:

i bought the unit in 2018, thanks for the help.

A card at half price won't matter, none of their software will work with the unit, they no longer support the Lowrance Hook 7. They have zero, no software that could possibly work. No cards, nothing.

Bottom line is I have a $700 door stop

Last Lowrance product I will ever buy.

Friend posted this one up. Help you out?image.thumb.png.15209f8b725e9736300f43308e5a1197.png

Edited by spoonfed-1

Andre I hear what your saying but  Navionics says they have nothing that would work and Lowrance says they don't support the unit because it's too old and cant be serviced or supported by them. Super great customer service and support. Seems companies just don't want to go the extra mile, they just want you to keep spending and buy new. 

Posted (edited)

Spoon fed, It has to be a micro card and from what Navionics said it has to be, MSD/SD US East

This was from their service tech, John who sounded like he was from India, my call even had that long delay like it was an overseas call, very dissapointing

Edited by leadcore troller

6 hours ago, leadcore troller said:

Spoon fed, It has to be a micro card and from what Navionics said it has to be, MSD/SD US East

This was from their service tech, John who sounded like he was from India, my call even had that long delay like it was an overseas call, very dissapointing

From the Navionics website compatibilty chart:

IMG_4159.png

Ok, called Lowrance for the fifth time, spoke with another different tech person. Finally  got someone that knew what they were talking about. Cmap has a card that should work, navionics doesn't support the older machines. Drove to Connecticuit to Bridge marine $125 later headed home with a possible fix. heading out this morning to see if it's finally fixed. Also found out the tech i spoke with in the fall , had me do things that wiped my navionics card clean. 

Will update on end results.