June & July fishing in the Eastern portion of the lake ????

Hello , I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me? I have been told that fishing in the Eastern portion of the lake is very lathargic in the months of June and July. The areas that I am refering to are the Mexico and Oswego areas. Our party usually fishes the stack out of Mexico from mid August to mid September. We would like to do some additional fishing this year but was wondering if it was worth while to take the 6 hour trip this early? Any help would be appreciated. Good luck to all who are fishing the derby on the 20th.

Trade Bait

depends on the winds and where the water temps are last year the best water was on the north shore for the most part but with the weather we have been having looks pretty good for the easten basin right now but thing can change over night , but you should get into something anyways , i would come if i was you . time on the water up there this time of year is well worth it anyway even if you don"t knock em dead . jonny

Come up now only if you want to catch Brown Trout, Atlantic Salmon, Steelhead and King Salmon. Stay home till August if you want to catch Coho Salmon. The BT bite seems slower than last year but the Salmon bite is much better.

My absolute favorite time to catch browns is early june in that 20-40 foot of water. Depends on the year/conditions though. The Browns are bigger this time of year

Thanks for the input. I will keep an eye out for your reports. Looks like I may be able to make it out on the weekend of the 20th ( fathers day seems like a good excuse to have the kids bring me fishing). Maybe we will see some of you at the launch or on the water ! All the best from New Hampshire !