Negril Jamacia fishing

Just wondering if anyone has ever fished in Negril Jamacia. I am going for 8 days in July. There is only one day that my fiancee says that I can not go fishing and that is when we get married. Wow, i guess she feels that it will be the last time she gets to tell me what to do. HA HA HA yeah right. I am not really looking at getting a $1200 charter to catch dolphin, or mackeral been ther done that. Has anyone done some beach fishing by the cliffs. I have done tons of searhing on the web and have found nothing. Please let me know so I am not stuck getting plastered from the all I can drink for free and getting burned to a crisp when I pass out on the beach.

Thanks

tim

Im guessing your going to Sandals?When i was there diffrent locals pulled up with there boats at the markers in the water every day.(they are not allowed actually on the resort) If you dont c them, I would ask one of the guys at the water rental place if he knows some onewitch 99.9 percent of the time they know some one. And then Haggle haggle haggle. Good luck fishing and tying the knot. Remember the totaly nude resort is right next door ;) to the negril sandals

I was in Nigril a few years ago and a guy took me out trolling... He was at the bouys yelling in to see who wanted to fish.....

I would figure $10 an hour per person would be good... and tell him you will throw him extra if you catch fish.. (I think my guy just took me for a boat ride)

where are you staying

Thanks for the info. We are staying at the grand pineaplle resort. It is sandals owned property but with econlodge prices. It's an all inclusive resort and for 7 nights all the food and beverages one can put down total cost for two $818, for the most expensive room that is 25 ft off the beach. Total cost for fights, food and room $1400 ($700 each) and another $400 for the wedding. I figured I could find a local and pay him $100 and go fish some where. One thing I find great is that once you get off the airplane you go to the resort's waiting room for transportation and free drinks, you go shopping free drinks, you go on a cruise yep you guessed it free drinks. I think I will be coming home with a red stripe and needing a liver transplant. yeah

Good choice on a place to get married. My wife and I were married in negril in june a few years ago. We came home and were extremely depressed for a month or so. The weather was awesome even though it rained almost every day for about a half hour around 2pm then it went right back to sunny. About an hour before dark the starfish would uncover themselves and were everywhere. People would save bread from dinner and take out into the water and fish would show up. Make sure you buy some of those disposable underwater cameras. Have a great time and congrats. :beer:

In my past life ( as any one has figured out what song my screen name is from:D ) Negril was always my fav place to meet up. If its sandals owend i belive you are alowed on any sandals resort also? This is very good for dinner and keeping the wife happy between fishing.The falls are also nice hubby and wife thing to do. Get certifeid 2 dive while there. Its the cheapest place in the world to do so and then its good anywhere in the world. And easy. So easy lets just say in spain they make you tred water in a olimpic size pool, Jamaica, you tred water in a 3 foot deep pool. Dont rent a car, every one on the other side of the road and driving down there one highway like you were in NJ. Grab a cab driver and ask him how much 4 4-6 8 hrs first. remember everything you are to haggle haggle off the resort. nice restaurants will come pick u up from your hotel.If your at a resort and they take you out for the night. tip the bouncer ten 2 come get you when your bus comes back 2 the bar to pick u up. Dont take a taxi unless it has a blue or red sticker ( i forgety witch) And the cooolest people that know everything in any island S of florida are the guys that rent jet skis on the beach( ask them about the fishing. Remember tips are included and there not supose to take them, but the first thing i used to do if i didnt know the bartender from being there before was put a 20 in a bottom of the glass that i just emptied and thank him 4 his time. then when you ask 4 a bottle of Champagne 2 go with the bride at 3 a.m. on the beach, its readily available. Doesnt help you alot on the fishing, but do ask the guys renting jet skis about it. sandals doesnt rent them themselves but you will c what i mean when your there. Remember.....the resort...anything is safe........offf of it...welll good luck :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::yes:

Thanks for the tips and yes the first person I planned to speak to is the Bartender with a $20. All the reviews from this resort is 4.5 out of 5. Yes it is Sandals owned but because it is a value resort we do not have free access to the other Sandals resorts. Which is fine by me I do not care about the multimillion dollar entrance or the lavish rooms. Honestly how long do you plan to spend in the room out of bed. Figure a couple hours romance 6 hours for sleep and off to the bar again oh wait I mean the beach. We are planning on a Zip Line trip, going to Rics cafe for some cliff diving we had a massage planned and then she wants to go para-sailing. we are looking right now for a snorkelling cruise for 15 people and it includes the cruise, snorkelling, lobster lunch and yep you guessed all the drinks you can swallow for $40 per person. This will be a thank you to all who is coming with us. But I will have a hard time not trying to catch fish while snorkelling. My luck I will grab one of those poisonous blow fish and damn near die because I am thinking the health care is not that good, but then again they have had a civil war going on for centries.