Seneca 6/8 report

Missed the Canandaigua derby this weekend, decided to hit the north end of Seneca for a few hrs in the am. Fished high banks area in 20-35 fow from 6:30am to 10:00 am. Went 9/10 with all lakers except one 27" Brown that my scale read 10lbs! Best brown out of that lake in a while... all but one fish was on copper wire. Lakers ranged from 2-7 lbs. No board releases, but one hard slam on a flatline that was our ONLY LOST FISH OF THE DAY...DAD!! LOL

HEY,LEAVE ME ALONE, IT WORKS ZEBEDEE!! LOL with alot of floor room in a boat it isn't too bad doing it that way. only mess wire about once every 30-35 times. Now the wire will go away for a while and the salmon quest will begin on lake O! if you ever want to get out and try that wire fishing let me know

Thanks! I just might take you up on that some time. This Saturday my dad and I are going out of Hughes with Brett...I'm getting that Salmon itch myself!

A couple years ago I made my dad a victrola rig. The only problem with it is that it was only a one spring motor so it doesn't have very good tension. I'll have to keep my eye out for a motor with more springs because my dad likes tearing his fingers up too! :lol:

Seneca Marine in watkins has a 3 or 4 spring victrola for sale $450. Looks like a nice setup. I have a two spring rig that a guy i work with made for me. I can talk to him and see if he wants to part with another one. Hoping to get up to the big O waiting to finalize the new boat purchase 21' Sylvan. I have never fished up there except for bass with my uncle when i was little.

Justin,

I machined the spool and handle myself and I have a box...all I need is the motor so $450 is a little steep for me. But if your buddy has a motor he'd be willing to part with let me know.

Congrats on the new boat...show us pics when yo0u get it!

-Jason

Flasher/flies work well...Green or white do best

I like to run Watermelon, blue or green dolphin, NBK, basically everything has green in it, wobbles, and is the size of a sawbelly.

Early morning will have a lot of suspended fish so start your program toward the top and adjust as necessary.