1. 1. Boards or Riggers for Walleye, or other

• Boards
    • Riggers
    • other

Walleye, lake Ontario open water,

Trolling

Planner boards or Riggers

and why.

My pref is Boards, because the clarity of the water and the stealth effect. better lure action also I think.

Poll below

I like boards.. I havent had much luck with walleyes off the riggers on Eastern Ontario eyes.. My boat is equiped with both inlines and mast.. but for walleyes I prefer the off shore boards equipped with the OR-18 release.. The offshores provide better hookups for the walleyes because of the constant tension..

Of the two choices.. I prefer catching on riggers, but do much better on the boards. But.. I do better yet on the dipsies! This is trolling deep open water (usually 50 feet down over 80/90). For shallower water I'd vote for the boards! By the way.. none of the programs worked this weekend for us on Mud Bay! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Boards for sure. Like the churchs as they have better clips on them out of the box. The offshores are great, but it takes about $20 of clips per board to make it work great. I think the church goes futher out as well on less line. Both handle core and snapweights well, and IMO riggers pretty much suck.